PDA

View Full Version : Relative Humidity Glycol Air Cooler

Friobernal
30-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Hello;

I would like someone explains me how to calculate R. H. of the following situation (because the selection software of a unit coolers manufacturers doesn´t give that data otherwise for evaporator does. Can anybody explain it to me?):

Troom = 10 ºC

Et. Glycol 35%

Tin = 0 ºC
Tout = 4 ºC

Bye

Peter_1
29-10-2003, 09:54 PM
RH in?
Temperature glycol?
Airflow?
Bypass factor?

Friobernal
01-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Do you mean that you give all these data to a supplier to get a quotation?

As far as i know, they only ask us for the following:

Capacity (Kw)

Troom

Coolant: i.e. Et. Glycol 35%

Tin (Et. glycol) = 0 ºC
Tout (Et, glycol) = 4 ºC

Peter_1
01-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Of course the slower the air passes through the coil, the more water will condens on the coil and the more water is in the air entering the coil, the more water will condens on the coil. You will also have to consider sensible and latent heat (capacity)
Go to http://www.lemmens.com/_EN/5_softwares/62_softwares.htm
and download the UV/MB/PA selection software.
You can then play around a little bit with different inputs and see what happens on the leaving air of a coil.
It is a Belgium company which makes air handling units and there selection software is really very easy to use and very powerfull.
You have to ask for a username and a password. I'm not allowed to give it to you. Just send a mail to your local distributor or to Mr Moreau (inBelium) and mention that Peter of Climacool sended you. I think that this will give me a feather on my cap because i made some publicity.
They will give it to you without any problem.
Perhaps you can tell the forum if the software can be usefull for others.
Peter

Gary
02-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Coil temperature is very important in humidity control. If you track the desired temperature and humidity level on a psych chart, it will tell you the dewpoint. This is the point at which the coil will stop removing moisture. You can adjust the coil temperature by adjusting the airflow, loading/unloading, EPR, etc.