PDA

View Full Version : Icematic

Andy AC
06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Evening all, just a quick question about an icematic. Is there or should there be a little cam or something which lifts the metal grille out of the bottom of the tilt pan when the pan is at its lowest point? Or does it just rely on the metal tabs at the back?
The tilt assembly had jammed and was continuously filling with water. Freed it off and watched it go up and down a few times - all ok, although entire assembly isn't as straight as it should be. Ran it long enough to make ice and do a harvest which it did but the ice got stuck in the bottom of the pan and jammed the thing up again. I've bent the metal tabs a bit to increase the lift of the grille.
Is there any thing else I can do or would a new tilt assembly be the answer?

Andy

chillin out
06-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I think it only relies on the 2 tabs at the back.

Look very carefully at the plastic tray in the back corners where it pivots, you will probably find that it is cracked.
It is ages since I last looked at one of these but I am sure I have found the same fault as you and it was not just a case of bending the tabs.

Chillin:):)

Electrocoolman
07-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Yep, the tabs are the only adjustment.

When the pan falls, the grid needs to raise above the edge of the pan inorder for the ice to fall.
Spares available from peachman ref, Norwich.

Andy AC
10-05-2008, 11:12 PM
No phone calls about it, so I guess it still works:)

Andy