PDA

View Full Version : super heat

moideen
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi to everybody

I want to know the superheat settings of low temperature applications. Is this settings same to the medium temperature applications?
:rolleyes::p

taz24
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
yes superheat is the same.
The aplication may change but superheat will be around 6 degrees.

Superheat is a measurement of actual refrigerant temp in the suction line above saturation temp of the boiling liquid in the evap (direct expansion only).

taz.

nike123
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Are you talking about compressor or evaporator superheat?

moideen
06-05-2008, 10:54 PM
i am talking about txv superheat.

US Iceman
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Superheat is a measurement of actual refrigerant temp in the suction line above saturation temp of the boiling liquid in the evap (direct expansion only).

I agree with the underlined section above, but why only direct expansion taz?????

powell
06-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi to everybody

I want to know the superheat settings of low temperature applications. Is this settings same to the medium temperature applications?

moideen,

The operating SH setting at the evaporator for a refrigeration system depends on the temperature difference between the refrigerant and the medium being cooled.

With that said here are some rule of thumbs, in degrees F.

High temp: 8 - 12
Medium temp: 6 - 8 F
Low Temp: 4 - 6 F

Powell

Pooh
07-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Powell
no disrespect but what has the medium being cooled got to do with superheat. As far as I have always thought superheat is as described by Taz24 at the beginning of this thread.

Ian

Grizzly
08-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Powell
no disrespect but what has the medium being cooled got to do with superheat. As far as I have always thought superheat is as described by Taz24 at the beginning of this thread.

Ian

Ouch Pooh!
That smarts! Have you been eating the Marmite Sandwiches again?
Grizzly