PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...

Krups
27-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey all, if you havnt seen me around then let me introduce myself, im new around here and just starting out in the industry, starting the c+g nvq at basford coll in notts(uk).
One question i do have is...How dangerous is this trade ? ?Someone told me it is VERY dangerous if your not carefull, there have even been reported deaths, as well as all sorts of horrors.
Anyone exp anything dangerwise at all ?:confused:

Brian_UK
27-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Krups, firstly welcome, new blood (if you'll pardon the expression) is always good news.

How dangerous ? Well it is like all things mechanical, if you know what you are doing then it is OK. The ability to recognise a dangerous situation and react safely to it will keep you safe as well as your customer.

Yes, of course people can die, but it is probably due to some fool walking off a roof than doing his job correctly and safely.

Take it easy, enjoy it and see how cold you can actually get before you decide enough is enough.

750 Valve
29-08-2003, 11:40 AM
That someone was right, we do work with a large range of potential risks, but as long as you have a healthy respect for electricity and fully understand the properties, correct use and handling of refrigerants and the systems and applications in which they are used, then its no worse than any other trades. Basically, don't work on equipment you don't know, its potentially lethal to you and the customer.