PDA

View Full Version : Servis m7554-1ff - Not Cooling

kenn64
04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi I have a servis m7554-1ff fridge freezer in my garage it is about 2 years old, the fridge part does not work. I have checked the thermostat and that works ok, when i look at the compressor there is a pipe connnected to a hose that goes into the padding of the machine and the last 4 inches of pipe are freezing over, i can see that the fridge gets cold by cold air being pumped into it, does the cold air come from the compressor or the freezer?
Can anyone help?

Cheers

Kenn64

Electrocoolman
05-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Ken,

Don't actually know this unit, so this is a 'guesstimate' based on looking at the spares for the unit.

I'm sure anyone who has worked on these will be happy to correct my assumptions.

So here goes......Compressor serves freezer. Temp control in freezer is controlled by electronic PCB, which also controls defrosts and fan. Fan circulates air around freezer and up duct into fridge.
Thermostat in fridge appears to be non-standard in that it has a large paddle attached and appears to control airflow into fridge.

The pipe that you mention that goes into a hose and is freezing over is the suction return to the compressor.

When this frosts over and freezes, it is an indication that the evaporator is iced up or system is overcharged with refrigerant......So assuming the former, it would indicate that the evaporator (this is the bit that gets cold) is not defrosting correctly.

This could stop the fan (ice), and the duct to the fridge could also be iced up.

Does the freezer work? Have you checked the temperature with a thermometer? Is the fan turning?

The best thing to do is to empty it all out, open doors and leave switched off for 48hrs. This will ensure all ice melts....large blocks take a long time to melt.

You can then switch back on to a known start state, and see how it all performs. If there is a defrost problem then it will show up before too long and that can be looked at again.

kenn64
06-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the information the fan is working, when I open the freezer door you can hear the fan come on and when I open the fridge door you can hear the compressor kick in. The freezer is working ok I have just noticed that there is a damp patch on the floor at the back of the unit and that ther is a lot of condensation on the compressor an associated pipes.

Electrocoolman
07-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Have you DEFROSTED the whole unit as suggested?