PDA

View Full Version : Trane

Abe
25-08-2003, 08:25 PM
I require a Service or Technical Manual for a:

Trane Rooftop Unit
Model Number YCH 300B4HOFB
Serial Number P43100748D ( As id serial number matters! ) :)

System is R22 Cooling 69Kw
has Gas Heating
Dont worry, Im not touching the gas part

Thx

FreezerGeezer
26-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Aiyub, I'd be careful here. If anything goes wrong with the gas side, how will you prove you didn't touch it? As the law stands, the onus is on the last person to work on the equipment to leave it in a safe condition. If you didn't work on the gas, start it up (which will happen in test mode, if you don't stop it in time!), or anything, then you're probably safe. But you need to be careful.
What are you wanting to do with this unit?
And YES, serial no. does matter a great deal, if you want the right parts from Trane! That's the American one you've got there. There shold be a data plate on the outside of the machine. Trane parts (01675 444024) may want the European serial no. from that, to be sure of offering you the right part.

Abe
26-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Hi Freezer Geezer

All Im doing is:

Changing the filters
Cleaning the Coils with coil cleaner
Making sure everything is ok,

Unit is working fine. filters havent been changed last three years, All clogged up.

Am I safe to work on this system, or do I get a Corgi to stand by on guard??

rbartlett
26-08-2003, 08:23 PM
as i mentioned a/c guy's with corgi are worth somehting extra..

macdonalds were big fans of trane rooftop packages and before corgi we had to fix the whole bloody thing

still tye were better than those condor hushion heat pumps..

email them for further advice as you are not allowed to take the panels off a boiler so i wonder if they can get you on this too..

http://www.corgi-gas.com/index.asp

cheers

richard

rbartlett
26-08-2003, 08:25 PM
as i mentioned a/c guy's with corgi are worth somehting extra..

macdonalds were big fans of trane rooftop packages and before corgi we had to fix the whole bloody thing

still they were better than those condor hushion heat pumps..

email them for further advice as you are not allowed to take the panels off a boiler so i wonder if they can get you on this too..

http://www.corgi-gas.com/index.asp

cheers

richard

FreezerGeezer
27-08-2003, 08:42 AM
We still do have to fix the whole bloody thing! So we're all Corgi registered. (Apparently, it isn't enough for your firm to be registered, and train you themselves).
Personally, I like the Voyager rooftops (exept the small ones, with zero room in the control panel!), but then I've worked on hundereds of them, and a lot of Senior Techs loath them. It's all about what you're used to, I suppose.
For what they are, Voyagers are very complex units. Personally, I would always recommend that you subcontract to someone who's familiar with them, if you want to give them the fine tooth comb. Other than Trane (obviously), First in Service do a lot.
Remember, if you want to really know that everthing is okay, then you have to check the gas side too! Since it doesn't appear to have been done for a long time, you'll need to do a flue gas analysis (an annual requirement), so yes, get a corgi registered guy along for that.
Alternatively, if you're doing a lot of them, get hold of Trane, and book a day's training on them. They might even give you a manual, then, which is an absolute godsend with these units! Alternatively, Phone their head office and purchase the manual on it's own, but I warn you - it's good for insomniacs!

rbartlett
27-08-2003, 08:23 PM
do you do work for 1st then?

FreezerGeezer
28-08-2003, 12:00 PM
LOL! No, but I do work with them from time to time. And it usually involves McDonalds stores.
I just happen to know quite a lot about Voyagers.
Why do you ask? Do you work for them?

rbartlett
28-08-2003, 07:45 PM
no i do work with them too -mainly wetherspoons costa coffee and beefeaters ;-)

although that is all about to change soon ..

cheers

richard

FreezerGeezer
28-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Hmm. Do you know something about them I don't?

rbartlett
29-08-2003, 07:52 PM
no,no the change is with me not them...

they have been very good to me but i've got to move on to other things..
stick with them they are always busy..

cheers

richard