PDA

View Full Version : Hubbard cellar cooler

birchy
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi guys,

This is probably an easy one for most of you but my refrigeration work is limited!:confused:This cellar cooler will not cool:mad: It appears to have pumped itself down. It's out on L.P and has liquid in the receiver. It seems to me to have a restriction on the liquid line. The solenoid is energised and lifts ok. Is it the exp valve? Am i going in the right direction?

Chunk
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi Birchy

Yes it does sound like the Txv.Pour some warm water over the valve to check if you have moisture in it.If the valve clears then you will have to pump down again and replace L/L drier.

If it does not clear with water,strip the valve down as you have a strainer inside the orifice capsule which may be blocked.

If this does not help,post back.:)

Chunk
03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Also,you might have a blockage in the liquid line filter drier which is stopping the refrigerant getting to the Txv.

birchy
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks Chunk, i'll let you know the outcome.

taz24
03-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi guys,

This is probably an easy one for most of you but my refrigeration work is limited!:confused:This cellar cooler will not cool:mad: It appears to have pumped itself down. It's out on L.P and has liquid in the receiver. It seems to me to have a restriction on the liquid line. The solenoid is energised and lifts ok. Is it the exp valve? Am i going in the right direction?

Have you put gauges on the system?
Is there enough refrigerant in it?

taz

chemi-cool
03-05-2008, 01:57 PM
It can be many things:

-A broken TEV capilar tube.
-A blocked drier.
-Blocked TEV filter in the orifice.
-Lack of refrigerant-a sign of a leak!

And so on.......

Chemi:)

birchy
06-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks all !

The gauze was blocked in the orifice in the txv.:)

Brian_UK
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
There you go..... thanks for the update - now the important thing ...

Is the beer cold ? :cool: