PDA

View Full Version : low temp txv in cooler

jcool808
01-05-2008, 02:07 AM
Just starting out in the trade and was wondering if using a "freezer" txv in a medium temp application going to work? I seen some equipment out there that I guess were once freezers and now being used as coolers. And on these types of equipments, when changing out the txv should I go with the same type or install the proper valve for the temp range that it is being set at. :confused:

TXiceman
01-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Going from a cooler to a freezer application, you have more to worry about than the TXV. You need to check the valve size based on the new pressure drop available for the valve as well as the coil circuiting and and orifice size. The bulb charge might also be wrong for the new application.

Best thing to do is get a copy of the Sporlan program (check their website) and learn how to use it. YOu would be surprised at the number of so called qualified people in this industry that do not know the proper selection for a TXV, orifice and circuits.

Ken

Supertech87
11-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I have encountered this and simply changing the power head on the valve does the job -also adjust valve as needed.