PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Fridge Wont Go Cold Enough!!!!

curlywoody
30-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry was in a bit of rush as internet connection in Tenerife was not to good.

The make of the fridge is infreco think from mem. It is a three door glass fronted cooler for the pub ind.

Compresser is working fine. evap temp is only getting to about 4 degrees min then goes up again. to about 9 degrees.

I cant seem to set u the thermostat.

There is no threshold cut in cut out. I mean i can change the temp from 14 degrees to 50 degrees and back down again to -40.

So i am thinking that the thermo is not correct. everything else seems fine.

sorry for the confusion.

I do know some one had fixed a broken pipe near the cap tube in the past .

cheers

slingblade
30-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Not enough information buddy. What kind of unit is it? Is the comprssor running? What are the running pressures (i assume you can take a suction reading as you stated you put 274grms in) Is there an evaporator fan and does it run? does any of the tubing feel hot or cold? ect.

nike123
30-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Hello i have tried everthing runs on 134a and 274 grams are in as requires. the temp on the thermostat elec? shows 14 degrees c needs to be 2-6 oc. It was working at about 9 degrees before .

Help any suggestions. the thermo is a dixell wing.

Are you in some kind of emergency? I ask this because your description of problem look like call to 911 service!

paul_h
01-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Why were you recharging refrigerant? Was there a leak, blockage, compressor change done by you?
What have you replaced, repaired, messed with?
What was the original complaints, repairs or observations?
Is it a drop in evap/condensing unit, piped remote condenser, static, fan forced system etc.

Electrocoolman
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Possibly too much Sun exposure for a coherent post??

We excel in refrigeration problems, not telepathy!

Dixell controller might suggest unit is a commercial cabinet?