PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint ffa71 freezer wont go cold

efergie
29-04-2008, 08:06 PM
:mad: Hi i have a Hotpoint FFA71 fridge freezer that i got last night i left it to settle till this morning and turned it on, the fridgeis working fine but the freezer wont go cold. The warning light is on and i have even pressed the fast freeze button but to no avail .It has been on nearly 12hrs now and its still not cold.
Any advice would help lodes.

Thanks
Emma

tonto33
29-04-2008, 09:51 PM
if red warning lit on it be fault with the compressor or gas

Electrocoolman
29-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi Emma,
I take it that this a second hand unit as its not a current model....you say you've just got it....so it might not be economic to get a technician in.

Can we assume that it was fully working before you got it / was moved?

The fact that the fridge is cold suggests that compressor is running OK. Does it run ALL the time or is it stopping at all?

This unit uses an electronic control board which is expensive to replace (about 90 )...and a 'diverter' valve to (probably) service the fridge. (Someone who knows this model better, might be able to comment here).

The freezer is frost-free and has a fan to circulate the air inside the freezer. Does this fan work? Can you hear it, or see it rotate?...It might be controlled with a door switch on the freezer, or it might be stuck (from moving the unit?).
You will not be able to check much more than this without taking the inside panel off the back of the freezer. (At your own risk here due to mains voltages...ALLWAYS UNPLUG POWER).

The other thing to try is to adjust the temperature control knob for the freezer, just in case this is at fault, but the fast freeze function should override this.
Good luck.

efergie
30-04-2008, 10:34 PM
:D:D:D:D YYYAAAAYYY!!!!!!! It works.....I fiddled with the thermostat an now it freezes, Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much.;);););)

Electrocoolman
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Nay Problem....I'll call round for a pint of heavy!! Gllad your up and running.

efergie
01-05-2008, 08:06 PM
with ice ......:)

cutes
03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi

How did you fiddled with the thermostat, are you talking about the thermostat on the front of the door,

cutes
03-11-2008, 01:44 PM
:D:D:D:D YYYAAAAYYY!!!!!!! It works.....I fiddled with the thermostat an now it freezes, Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much.;);););)
how did you get it to work i am having the same problem.

please help