PDA

View Full Version : compressor higher than condenser

agrab76
29-04-2008, 03:12 PM
hello to everybody...
i am new in this site and i would appreciate your help ..my company install refrigerators in supermarket and i want to ask if it is possible the condenser to be in a lower level than the multi of compressors? if yes what we have to take care? we have any high difference limit? what possible problems we can face?
thanks in advance for your help

750 Valve
05-05-2008, 12:53 PM
it doesn't really matter if the condenser is lower than the compressors, what matters (in my opinion - I have seen others claim to have no issues) is that the condenser is above the liquid reciever, this will ensure your condenser drains consistently and doesn't surge the liquid levels in your reciever or log in the condenser. I have found it most beneficial to locate the reciever under the condenser if the condenser is going to be lower than it, you can still run the main liquid line back to the plant room to distribute the refrig in a header.

brianubaldo
06-05-2008, 04:25 AM
what kind of ref? walk in chiller or just a simple ref? is it split or not?

if split please consider this; :)

*check maximum line set length as per manufacturer

if you installed it the unit must have a proper oil return. "IF A LINE SET HAS A RISE FOLLOWED BY A DROP, ANOTHER RISE CANNOT BE MADE. LIKEWISE, IF A LINE SET HAS A DROP FOLLOWED BY A RISE, ANOTHER DROP CANNOT BE MADE."

MAXIMUM LINE SET DISTANCE FORMULA:
1) measured rise___X1.7=___calculated rise
2) measured drop___X6.6=___calculated drop
3) measured horizontal distance=____horizontal distance
4) total calculated distance=____total calculated distance (just add calculated rise + calculated drop + horizontal distance)

hope this one helps...