PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would say Hi

ka2414
28-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi all :)

Been a member of this site for a while but then realised that I was being a bit ignorant as I have never introduced myself.
I've been in the fridge business now, in one way or another for about 10 years.

Started as an Engineer in the Royal Navy and after spending 7 years or so of drinking my way round the world, I decided it was to to join the real world and get a "normal" job lol

I worked as a mobile fridge engineer for a few years then sort of fell lucky last year when I joined TRUE as an R&D Engineer then even more recently I've joined the Technical Service Department here.

I enjoy this site immensely as the forum is always good for a giggle every now and then but also full of alot of great info.

Keep up the good work guys

Ka2414

Grizzly
28-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi all :)

Been a member of this site for a while but then realised that I was being a bit ignorant as I have never introduced myself.
I've been in the fridge business now, in one way or another for about 10 years.

Started as an Engineer in the Royal Navy and after spending 7 years or so of drinking my way round the world, I decided it was to to join the real world and get a "normal" job lol

I worked as a mobile fridge engineer for a few years then sort of fell lucky last year when I joined TRUE as an R&D Engineer then even more recently I've joined the Technical Service Department here.

I enjoy this site immensely as the forum is always good for a giggle every now and then but also full of alot of great info.

Keep up the good work guys

Ka2414

Welcome.
KA.
Nothing like siting on the fence then. I don't recognise the Company (True???)
What area do you operate in?
Personally I have and do work with a lot of EX Service guys. Generally make good Engineers.
Anyway you are not alone,i know quite a few very good engineers. Who seem reluctant to contribute.
I suspect because sometimes, we (those that contribute) can get a bit "holier than thou" and forget that the forum is for "all shapes and sizes".
Now that you have commited enjoy and once again welcome.
Grizzly

ka2414
28-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Cheers Grizzly,
Thought it was about time to pull those splinters out of my backside from all that fence sitting.

True is an american commercial fridge/freezer manufacturer. We handle all the UK/European/Middle-Eastern and Oz sides of the after-sales market.

I'm sure there are quite a few ex service guys down your way. I've known quite a few from around the country who have left the service but never seemed to be able to get back up past Bristol again lol

Bart Nabbe
28-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi KA2414,

Welcome and thanks for the intro (allthough i'm the newbie here hahaha)

Also did some drinking around the world but with the dutch navy.
Was in propulsion at first (rolls-royce gasturbines) and later on in refrigeration.
Last was the LDP (HMS Rotterdam) where is did the chillers, HVAC and storage rooms.

Navy guys you see everywhere hahaha. CHEERS.