PDA

View Full Version : Carpigiani ice cream machine charging

mr whippy
28-04-2008, 01:41 AM
hi have to gas a carpigiani ice cream machine fitted in an ice cream van,I no very little about this but can stick a drop of gas in to get it freezing again.
It used to run on 502 but have been advised that 408 is the replacement gas? it has a sandon compressor which seems to squeal a lot when you be using it for a long time?
any hints any one as ti what would make compressor squeal and how much gas to put in?
I can get it to freeze back to compressor with out clearing the site glass but am wondering is ther not enough/to much gas in the system and would this make it squeal,many thanks for any info

Toosh
28-04-2008, 06:06 AM
hi Mr whippy stick to selling ice cream and get a professional to add the refrigerant

Norm

mr whippy
28-04-2008, 12:33 PM
would do but no-body wants to look at ice cream vans and those that have haven`t a clue, was only asking a question,

shaileshjoshi
28-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi to all
How to find out heat transfer coefficient of Co2 liquifier?
Please help me.....

Grizzly
28-04-2008, 01:57 PM
would do but no-body wants to look at ice cream vans and those that have haven`t a clue, was only asking a question,

Despite your obvious frustration, you will need to employ the services of a Fridge Engineer.
Because if you have read these pages enough? You will be aware that unless you are suitably qualified.
It is Illegal to work on refrigeration equipment.
Also don't be surprised if you are subsequently advised that it is not just a case of re gassing.
Possibly 10 yrs ago or more I changed a compressor on an ice cream van. (So called R49 Isceon "drop in".)
Several recalls later I finally realised this "drop in" was fine when the system was ac with copper pipework.
Fit it to a vehicle with the original flexible hoses and they leaked like a sieve.
Sadly your system may of reached it's end and a new or system change may be required.
Toosh is correct, unpalatable as it may be get a professional.
Grizzly
ps it may pay to say where in the UK. You are as there are good self employed lads UK Wide that may choose to help?

philfridge
28-04-2008, 10:39 PM
These machines operate on exact gas pressures so you will not be able to set it up correctly unless you are a expert. :rolleyes: If compressor squeals then this is a compressor fault. Suction line should not be frozen back to compressor either.

mr whippy
29-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Thank you for your replys,Grizzly understand what your saying ref flexi hoses as once bought one and had to strip the lot out and replace as you say, just outta interest i`m based in belfast and no-one works on them over here thanks again

Toosh
29-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Hi to all
How to find out heat transfer coefficient of Co2 liquifier?
Please help me.....

Have you tried Google its a wonderfull tool to locate things.

and I don`t think this thread is the place to ask

Norm

monkey spanners
29-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi Mr whippy,

What about someone who does refrigerated trucks or Car air con rather than companies that do fixed systems?

Jon

thebigcheese
31-01-2009, 02:30 PM
plenty of people will look at it for u... its maybe the price u wont like