PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu water leak

philfridge
26-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi , not worked on a.c for a while but started looking at some recently. Have a fujitsu AUY30ASC ceiling cassete reports of leaking water. When I went to site their was no leaks. I decided to dismantled the unit :eek: and remove the condensate tray which had some slime in around the float switch for the lift pump cleaned it out anyway and put back together again.Wont do that job again what a pain :mad: Anyone got any ideas why these units would leak as when i was their i couldnt find a problem , thanks in advance.

paul_h
26-04-2008, 03:30 PM
They mainly leak when the rubber sump plug is damaged, or the drain connection to the unit has a leak (bad installer join), that's the main two causes.
It could be indoor coil icing up or damage between the pump outlet itself and the hose internal and then runs to the the mounting socket the installer joins too.
You need
a)- with the unit on cool mode and the compressor running (ie test mode) -
Get a bucket to put under the drain hole. Pull out the sump plug, using the bucket to catch any water.
Use the end of a cable tie or something soft to probe into the pump inlet to see if it is running OK

b)-with the unit off and the sump plug back in -
get a 10L+ bucket of water, the smallest (say 250-300ml) soft drink bottle. Use the bottle to get water into the sump between the fan blades, carefully pouring as close to the coil as you can, (edit: corners are best), otherwise you'll get water coming out from everywhere.
Use the bucket to quickly refill the bottle, as you need 2L or so in the sump.

Turn the unit on and check for leaks, if you did a good job pouring, you'll only have legitimate leaks in the corner where the pump, internal hose and drain outlet is if that's the cause, and it's visible if you shine a torch up in the slot where the fascia hinges from, otherwise get in the ceiling space to check.

c) coil icing up which you don't need me to tell you how to check.