PDA

View Full Version : SL200e belt slip/chucking belts

gravy258
25-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Hello all .
We seem to have a recurring problem with SL200e's(about 9000+ engine hours) throwing the top belt off. We've been told that its due the belt wearing the inside of the grooved pulley, causing it to wind its way off(the belts never snap, always wind off and then destruct). So new blower pulley and alternator pulleys are required. Some suggestion of the blower belt constantly slipping under operation is also going around. When the unit is switched off and the belt squeals(as even new units do) confirms this.
Anyone got any thoughts on this?

cheers Gravy

Grizzly
25-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Try sourcing from a non OEM supplier.
as the working life of belts can differ greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer!
As I am sure you are aware what is fitted from new is not always the best option and quite frequently is the cheapest option.
Good Luck Grizzly

Reeferjon
25-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Suggest check pulley alignment...especialy idler and top pulley...also speak to your local TK dealer......OEM belts are your best option TBH......

Grizzly
25-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Suggest check pulley alignment...especialy idler and top pulley...also speak to your local TK dealer......OEM belts are your best option TBH......

Jon.
I would normally agree with the alignment issue.
But Gravey plurals the SE200E'S.
Implying that this is a reoccurring problem.
Surely they are not all misaligning "or are they??"
So I looked for another option, but your obvious experience may prevail.
Cheers Grizzly.

nova
25-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Current TK belts are ok. Last year belts.. well...

-nova

SKOOBY
25-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Have you checked the self loaded ajusters are not and pushing the belts off and out of alignment

gravy258
26-04-2008, 04:07 AM
thanks for the prompt reply guys.
The TK dealer stated that it was the pulleys wearing out.
It isn't the belt's as both genuine and non genuine belts make no difference.
It isn't the idler tensioner either. It winds its way off the grooved pulleys.
This isn't one or two units, its about twenty odd with the same recurring problem...all in the same fleet.
Has anyone experienced this problem?

cheers

Gravy