PDA

View Full Version : New Member Brief Introduction

dale7905
22-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello All,

Just a brief introduction. I'm retired and my past career was working in research and development for the past 30 years. That work involved mostly electrical and mechanical engineering projects which helped me become pretty much a do-it-yourselfer. I keep busy reading ( mostly) technical books to learn new things and fixing all kinds of electrical and mechanical gadgets and appliances around the house. Motto: never stop learning !! I also spend a lot of time perusing various internet forums to get information on cars etc. My most recent interest is in air conditioning and refrigerant recovery and recycling technology. I have two older cars that still use R-12 and of course the house central air conditioner uses R-22. So I think whatever I learn will come in handy...sometime.

I've taken an adult ed course on air conditioning and am studying to take the EPA exam to get certified at least for small appliances and high pressure systems.

I recently purchased an old White Refrigerant Recovery unit Model 01050 that was used in a garage for auto a/c 's that supposedly works and am seeing if I can get it to work. ( wondering if it can be made to work with other refrigerants ).

I hope to find some useful hints, tips, information, recommendations, and suggestions in this forum.

Dale7905

US Iceman
22-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the RE forums Dale. If you are retired and looking for something to occupy your time, this is the place to do it!;)

Feel free to contribute on anything you wish.

monkey spanners
22-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Dale and welcome

Jon:)

Brian_UK
23-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Welcome Dale and thank you for a pleasant introduction.

superswill
23-04-2008, 07:21 PM
welcome dale,

some reading i lifted off the net for you

A refrigerant recovery system and apparatus to connect with a refrigeration machine to selectively receive liquid and vapor refrigerant therefrom and to clean, purify and dry that refrigerant for present reuse; said apparatus includes a recovery line with an inlet connected with a related refrigeration machine, a particulate matter filter and de-acidifier devise with an inlet connected with an outlet end of the recovery line, a liquid-vapor refrigerant flow control devise operating to selectively conduct and cause liquid refrigerant flowing through it and expand to a gaseous state and to selectively and freely conduct and cause vaporous refrigerant to flow through it, said refrigerant flow control devise has an inlet connected with an outlet of the filter and de-acidifier devise and an outlet connected with an inlet of a refrigerant conducting vapor line, an oil separator devise with a refrigerant inlet connected with an outlet end of the vapor line, a refrigerant dryer devise with an inlet connected with an outlet of the oil separator devise and an outlet connected with an inlet of a refrigerant recovery pump, and a refrigerant supply tank connected with an outlet of the pump

also see:

http://www.robinair.com/opmans/mvacsnap.pdf

daddyfixit
24-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Welcome Dale!:)

...I have two older cars that still use R-12 and of course the house central air conditioner uses R-22. So I think whatever I learn will come in handy...sometime.

I've taken an adult ed course on air conditioning and am studying to take the EPA exam to get certified at least for small appliances and high pressure systems.
Dale7905

I would recommend you get the EPA Automotive Certification as well. An extra $50 fee (tax dollars) last I heard. Don't know why they separate the two other than for the added revenue $.:rolleyes:

Wish you the best...