PDA

View Full Version : attachment

tonto33
22-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi guys

trying to upload an attachment using adobe reader but cant get it to work :( just says upload failed, any ideas how can get round this ?

The Viking
22-04-2008, 08:01 PM
What's the size of the file?

tonto33
22-04-2008, 08:14 PM
3,958kb wot ever that means:confused:

nike123
22-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Where are you uploading that file.

US Iceman
22-04-2008, 09:49 PM
The reason it is failing to upload is due to the size of the file. The maximum attachment size for uploads is 100 kb. This file size limit is used to reduce data storage requirements on the server.

The way to get around this is post the file on a public site that allows downloads. Then post the link to that site in a thread on this forum.

tonto33
22-04-2008, 10:16 PM
ok, what i was trying to do was put up error codes for Samsung Rs21 refrigeration save people keep emailing for the codes, i scanned the paper and tried to upload it but no go so just have to put up with people emailing for the codes.

The Viking
22-04-2008, 10:33 PM
OR

Email it to me and it will be available for download shortly afterwards...

tonto33
22-04-2008, 10:59 PM
thanx viking
u have mail sent it to email got of ur website info@

cheers;)

The Viking
22-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Now available for public download at:

http://www.the-viking.eu/down.html

N.Lewis
29-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi viking, went onto your site to try and download mitsi fault codes, but am unable to do so, is there any way you can load it as a PDF file???

P.s i am completly computer illiterate, my boss told me to ask you this:confused:

nike123
29-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi viking, went onto your site to try and download mitsi fault codes, but am unable to do so, is there any way you can load it as a PDF file???

P.s i am completly computer illiterate, my boss told me to ask you this:confused:

You need to download mobipocket reader!

The Viking
29-04-2008, 05:38 PM

Failure to RTFM...:eek:

The fault codes are available as PDFs on the net, try the link posted by GRIZZLY in the thread: "Mitsubishi manuals".

The idea with the format I chosed to provide them in is that you are able to read them on any platform, Computer, PDA, Modern Mobiles.
All you have to do is go to Mobipocket.com and download the reader for your hardware of choice (It's free).
(Pretty much as described on my website...)
;)

Grizzly
29-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Failure to RTFM...:eek:

The fault codes are available as PDFs on the net, try the link posted by GRIZZLY in the thread: "Mitsubishi manuals".

The idea with the format I chosed to provide them in is that you are able to read them on any platform, Computer, PDA, Modern Mobiles.
All you have to do is go to Mobipocket.com and download the reader for your hardware of choice (It's free).
(Pretty much as described on my website...)
;)

Now you have my attention as well.
I was slightly worried about posting alternative routes to info that you had so painstakingly compiled Viking.

That having been said your answer as to the file format intrigues me.
Using mobipocket could i load the relevant info onto my mobile..
Is there a way of determining the file size once downloading.
And to download would it just be a case of connecting to your website via my mobile.
Or alternatively would downloading to my PC then linking my phone to the PC , be better?
I suspect this would be a cheaper option.
CHEERS GRIZZLY

The Viking
29-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Click HERE (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp?Language=EN) to see if your phone will be able to handle it, as I said, it will work on most modern phones. [That's also the link to download the software]

You will then get a library/reader on your main computer and a reader on your hand-held device.

The files downloaded from my site would have to be opened by the software on the main computer and then synchronised on to the hand-held device.

Regarding size, the Daikin fault code "book" is 101kb, the Mitsubishi one 90kb, the Pocket Oxford English Dictionary is 4.09Mb.

Another good thing with the Mobipocket system, you always have a book with you to read when you are stuck in a plant room...(but the books you will have to pay for, see Mobipocket's website for details)

Grizzly
29-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Click HERE (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp?Language=EN) to see if your phone will be able to handle it, as I said, it will work on most modern phones. [That's also the link to download the software]

You will then get a library/reader on your main computer and a reader on your hand-held device.

The files downloaded from my site would have to be opened by the software on the main computer and then synchronised on to the hand-held device.

Regarding size, the Daikin fault code "book" is 101kb, the Mitsubishi one 90kb, the Pocket Oxford English Dictionary is 4.09Mb.

Another good thing with the Mobipocket system, you always have a book with you to read when you are stuck in a plant room...(but the books you will have to pay for, see Mobipocket's website for details)
Are you sure you are in the correct profession all these links are the mutts nuts!
I have saved the above link as a favourite. so I will peruse later at my leisure.
Cheers Grizzly