PDA

View Full Version : GET Dehumidifier- burnt component on compressor

Sharpen
19-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I have a GET DHMD10/2 home dehumidifier. I has had a lot of use and has run permanently for approx 3years no problems.
Recently it was unplugged for a couple of days and when it was plugged back in again it didn't work, so no fan and no compressor. I am an elecronic engineer so took apart to find that the fan was just jammed with all the dust in there- that was very easy to sort out. The compressor however is not working because of a burnt out component which sits on the side of the compressor in line with the live input. Taken it appart and it looks like a themal cutout as it has a resistive coil winding over which there is a bimetal type cutout. 2 questions:
1. is it safe to bypass this device (I think I already know the answer - NO)
2. are these available as spare parts- if so where would be best to look?

It seems a great shame to scrap the whole thing just for somthing so simple.

Lowrider
19-04-2008, 12:47 PM
You could see what hapens if you take it out and let the compressor run. Be sure to have your amp-meter on it and watch how much amps it draws.

What type of compressor is in there?

nike123
19-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Could you make photo of that part and send here link?

dhananjaylagwan
19-04-2008, 02:08 PM
it might be a relay or something. But still bypassing wont be a safer option.

Can you provide some additional details?

The Viking
19-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Cylindrical thingie with one terminal where the wire from the controls is connected and a lead going to the compressor terminal?

If so, its a "clickson / klickson" [spelling?]...

I would try and bypass it for a short moment with an clamp on Amp meeter on the cable, just to make sure that the compressor itself is working.

Then, HRP/Dean&Woods/Control Center all should be able to sell you a replacement clickson.

Good Luck.

Chunk
19-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Sharpen

If you can get details off of the compressor(make/model/horsepower)and see if you can find a HRP depot and ask for a Supco,solid state relay/overload.I have one of these on my van that i have had for a while.

The part number is 245216 for just the relay,but they do different types that come with capacitors but they can work out which one you need by model number.Literally all you do is push the wires onto the compressor pins and turn machine back on.

I only hope they still do them as i have lost my catalogue:(

Chunk
19-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I should read threads properly before wading in

Is this what it looks like?