PDA

View Full Version : Daikin R200

flamer_the_spar
18-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Hi.
I have moved a whole bunch of Daikin condenser units this week, from a mezzanine floor (now a production area) to the outside of the building.
One of the units was a Daikin R200 roof unit.

The system was working when removed. All refrigerant was removed from the system, the spinacle valves were closed down and the system de-piped and re-sited outside.

I have extended the pipework from the old location, through the external wall of the building and down to its new location in the car park.

The factory charge of the unit is 5.55 Kg (according to plate on condensor and Daikin tech support).
Charge is good for 7.5M of pipe, with an additional 50g/m thereafter.

Pipe run is 47M (with a max of 50) which gives a factory charge of 5.55 Kg and a trim charge thereabouts of 1.975 Kg.

Was hoping to trim the charge by Subcooling or Superheating method for optimum performace.

Unit was charged with OFN on Thu morning, left in the system for 24 Hours and dumped this morning after prooving the pipe work I have installed.

I vacuumed the system down until I hit about 900 microns, then left it while I had dinner and picked up some gas for another unit. I also had installed a site window to the liquid line (with wet dry indicator) which now shows as dry.

Also, I installed a 1 1/8" dryer into the gas suction line inside the unit before the copper feeds back to the spinacle valves.

Valves are open etc.

When the unit fires up, the compressor and two cooling fans start, then turn off abour 2 seconds later.

The legendary E0 code is appearing on the remote controls.

When I de-gassed the unit, it only had 3.5Kg of gas on board which makes me think it may be the High Pressure Switch playing up.

I suspect that it could be low pressure / high pressure / compressor overload and also read on this forum that there is a condensor fan monitoring circuit???

Does any one have experience with this problem, or can someone explain to me the best way to diagnose the problem?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Flamer_The_Sparky

Brian_UK
18-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Any pressure reading noted during those 2 seconds?

Chunk
18-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi Flamer_the_spar

This thread is all about E0 daikin fault.

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8607&highlight=daikin+fault

flamer_the_spar
18-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Any pressure reading noted during those 2 seconds?

No. Only had the Digital set with me this week. My trainee dropped a bottle of Nitrogen onto the R22 set earlier this week and well, you can guess what happened to it!

The digital set only updates every 3 seconds, so will buy a new analogue set on Monday.

Phase indication is correct according to the led fault codes on the PCB. When I first fired the unit back up, it indicated a phase reversal so I swapped 2 phases and it seemed happy second time around.

Thanks Brian.
Flamer_The_Sparky

frank
20-04-2008, 05:52 PM
If it was a HP or LP fault then you would not get an EO readout.

2007eng
21-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Do you claculate the additional charge of refrigerant according to Daikin factors for pipes sizes and lengthes? As example (9.5*length*factor + All pipes linked with the unit= Additional charge of refrigerant)

AcidSlasher
21-04-2008, 04:10 PM
we had a very similar problem with an accent unit that we relocated. when we started it up, the compressor would start for a few seconds, then cut out, it was diagnosed as having non-condensables in the system.

just a thought

flamer_the_spar
22-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi All.

Located the fault yesterday.
It was a compressor overload.
The sub board has a 240v feed thru the contactor overload. If the compressor trips out, this 240v circuit is lost, then it breaks the safety circuit to the main PCB.

The fault was stupid and I should really have found it earlier.

When I recomissioned the unit, it was powered up and the PCB Diag LED's signalled out of phase. Two phases were swapped out and the unit powered back up. All 3-phases were ok (440V reading between them), the neutral was OK and the earth loop impedance to the earth was measured and ok.

Between then, pulling a good vac and charging the unit the yellow phase died, hence the compressor overload.

I did not i would just like to add install the origional power circuit to the unit.

Having done some investigation to the new supply, I decided to re-wire it completely as the client had obviously employed Stevie Wounder to wire it!

Phil.