PDA

View Full Version : So are any of you readers?

paul_h
17-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I very bored lately, current ambient temperatures are 22C and I'm self employed, so I'm only getting 4hrs a week work this week :(
Not enough to pay my mortagage, but I have 30K saved up.
In three months time if the current trend continues I shut up shop, be all the wiser for it and go back as a wage slave. But not at my old au$70k wage, this time I'll go to remote areas FiFo for au$99k+

What am I doing to pass the time? Well, spending too much time on the internet for one, also trying to read the "HVAC systems Design" e-book.
Also trying to read Antony Beevors "The Battle For Spain" about the spanish civil war.
Do we have any "readers" here? I've got a bunch of fiction I went through last year, (I didn't really eat for lunch in my last job, went through a lot of books through other forums book recomendations)

Chunk
17-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Paul

I`m an avid fan of Stephen King horror books,but because i`ve read them all i`ve gone back to thrillers.At the moment i am reading some crime thrillers by a chap called Simon Kernick which are pretty good.

I have recently got some more fridge books from the internet which i am slowly getting through.(toilet reading mainly:rolleyes:)I am still reading through this site,i didnt realise how much information was on here.

frank
17-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I have recently got some more fridge books from the internet which i am slowly getting through.(toilet reading mainly:rolleyes:)I am still reading through this site,i didnt realise how much information was on here.
Ha ha :D
That made me smile - toilet reading - I think that most of us do it but don't quite want anyone to know :)

I'm quite a bookworm myself. I read lots. I enjoy military books, either fiction or non fiction, i.e. Andy McNab, and a good thriller, aka Frederick Forsyth - The Dogs of War being particularly 'can't put down' ish.

monkey spanners
17-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Anything by Terry Pratchet or Robert Rankin for fun and anything about buddhism, i'm halfway through the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying at the moment.
Oh and manuals for things, even things i don't work on, i like to find out how things work:D

BigJon3475
18-04-2008, 07:27 AM
If things got really bad where I was doing no work......I would contact former customers just to go check the system out....yes for free.........I have an addiction. :o