PDA

View Full Version : Chilled Water FCU Tests

munesh
17-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Can anybody please tell me about the various tests conducted on the chilled water FCU's
Also How these tests are conducted.

S.K.VARDE
17-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Dear Munesh,
I think you would like to acertain the capacity of the FCU for air conditioning application.

FCUs are normally cross flow type heat exchangers and you can simply define the capacity by heat balance equation.

1. Water Side: Q(W)=Mass Flow Rate of water X Sp.Heat X Temp. Diff. of water at inlet & Outlet

2. Air Side: Q(A)= Mass Flow Rate of Air X Enthalpy Diff. of air at inlet & outlet.

3. See that Q(W) equals Q(A) for perfect design.

munesh
19-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks for your reply. I came to know of various tests but need to ascertain how these are carried out.
I) Air Volume Test
II) Cooling & Heating Capacity Test
III) Condensation Test
IV) Dielectric Test
V) Insulation Resistance Test
VI) Sound Level Test
VII) Vibration Test
VIII) Protection Devices test

Can anyone help me with how these can be conducted, Any special equipment or testing device required etc.

munesh
21-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I could Lay hands on
Dielectric Test: Measures Current Leak when the phase and neutral are short circuited
Insulation test: Measures resistance wheh the phase and neutral are short circuited. Measured with a megometer. Measurements in Ohmic values.

Any additions

Brian_UK
22-04-2008, 12:23 AM
I) Air Volume Test

Test rig comprising ductwork to simulate actual duct resistance. Airflow measured via pitot-static tube and manometer.

II) Cooling & Heating Capacity Test

Lots of thermometers ?

III) Condensation Test

Stop watch, liquid measuring scale, psychrometric chart.

IV) Dielectric Test
V) Insulation Resistance Test

VI) Sound Level Test

Sound level meter and testing chamber.

VII) Vibration Test

Test bed and vibration analysis meter.

VIII) Protection Devices test

What sort of devices are you meaning?

munesh
22-04-2008, 07:45 AM
thanks a Lot Brian & Varde