PDA

View Full Version : Demestice Fridge Freezer No Power !!!!

curlywoody
16-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Hello all.

I just need some advice i went to a job yesterday all i knew the fridge freezer was not working.

on checking the relay and overload. the overload was fine but i noticed that the relay looked a little burnt inside.

So i opened it up and it seemed ok but not sure could i replace the bit inside or would i need to get a new one. Or could I repair it anotherway/.

am I right in thinking that this relay would be like a fuse as here in Spain they dont have fuses in the plugs to the mains. the relay is 230v and 8A

There is a capasitor on also but i dont think that would cause there to be no power.

Is there anything I have forgot to check or anyone advise please.

cheers:confused:

monkey spanners
16-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Does the light come on when you open the door?
Is the thermostat sending power to the compressor relay?

Peter_1
17-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Type of freezer, relay, compressor, ...

syaful
19-02-2009, 04:34 AM
it depend on design of the freezer. some freezer operate the light on 24hours.
Thermostat only control the compressor not sending power. Power send by power supply. power control by thermostat to on or off the compressor.

TECH TIM
19-02-2009, 11:04 AM
is it possible you have it caught on defrost, possibly by thermal fuse open circut in defrost control circut, the timer will not get a neutral and wont operate off defrost, also heater may be open cct allowing also to stop on defrost, this is only some models though, in aust we dont have fuses in power plugs either, we also 240 v

i would start at reassembling your relay/oload to comp and power up, check for voltage at comp terminals, if no voltage i would check if light on, if not on i would check globe and replace if required, if light still no go i would check power supply ie power point/socket, power cord and for any fuses.... if light was on i would then check your thermo, replace if cabinet warm and thermo open circut, or i would check defrost cycle as stated above, if model is frost free and if model corrosponds to my advice good luck let us know how you go

TECH TIM
19-02-2009, 11:07 AM
please only do these test if your experienced in electrical testing(dont wanna offend just wanna be sure)

Electrocoolman
20-02-2009, 02:22 AM
Curly wood,

Are these questions not basics? Have you not got an electrical multimeter? Power at the socket ... easy to check!
Start Relay (mechanical)....turn it upside down and check contact resistance / operation.
Capacitor ....multimeter or check by substitution.
PTC start relay....if not falling apart or melted, clean contacts. (or fit new one).

How about using a universal relay?
Have you checked compressor for earth leakage?