PDA

View Full Version : Unit for sale

abbsnowman
16-04-2008, 05:20 AM
I know that will get the attention of the mods.

I just want to bring something up here. I saw a closed thread asking about used units. You closed it and directed it to "sales" so to speak.
While I understand you are trying to profit from this site, I'm not so sure he wasn't just looking for some answers to the value of an used unit or even if they were worth buying. Maybe we would like to let him know the things to look for when purchasing.
Although I love contraversy, thats not my intent here. Just noticing that you guys tend to shut people down awfully fast on this site.
Maybe loosen the leash a bit boys!:rolleyes:
No disrespect intended,
Abbs.

Brian_UK
17-04-2008, 12:51 AM
The thread was closed because this forum was not intended to be a trading post for items of plant.

As you are no doubt aware from reading the posts from that member he is trying to obtain parts cheaper than those of his local suppliers.

Yes, maybe we do shut down some things promptly, this is what maintains a reasonably sane forum. Threads that start heading towards the sewer or the fire are not normally allowed to continue. A lot of ill feeling can develop quickly if things are allowed free rein.

If people want to vent their anger or abuse then they can go elsewhere; this forum does not need them.

Disclaimer: These comments are not necessarily those of the management.

abbsnowman
17-04-2008, 01:06 AM
If people want to vent their anger or abuse then they can go elsewhere; this forum does not need them.

But its so much fun!;)

Brian_UK
17-04-2008, 01:11 AM
But its so much fun!;)It may be fun for you and your friends but it can be extremely hurtful to some people, particularly those who do not have a good command to the English/American language.

abbsnowman
17-04-2008, 01:40 AM
I have never been mean or said hurtfull things to anyone on this site. I however have had to bite my lip a few times.
Oh well, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
Anyways, thanks and have a great politicaly correct day!;)

absolute-zero
17-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I found this thread interesting enough to post in, so here it is.

Although I love controversy

Abbs, This is natural for most all human beings. Most do remain curious of what lurks unexpectedly around the bend and typically will stay tuned.:)

Maybe loosen the leash a bit boys!

Abbs, it comes across too condescending or demeaning, Try with a different demeanor, let up on the choker a bit.:)

this forum was not intended to be a trading post

All the commercial advertisement banners that fill both sides of the webpage forum threads say something totally different.:)

As you are no doubt aware from reading the posts from that member he is trying to obtain parts cheaper than those of his local suppliers.

That makes sense to me, if you can get it cheaper, why the heck not look into it. Especially with slow economy and hiking oil costs. :rolleyes:

reasonably sane forum

We discuss simple refrigeration here. How can it possibly be unreasonable or unacceptable level of insanity. Perhaps you should refrain your from using google search engine for a couple days:D

[quote]Threads that start heading towards the sewer

Depends on who's sitting on the commode and reading them, and who decides to flush.:cool:

[quote]A lot of ill feeling can develop quickly

Ease off the red tomato sauce, and take some Pepto The quick Ill feeling, should pass shortly.;)

[quote]If people want to vent their anger or abuse then they can go elsewhere; this forum does not need them.

Yeah I hear ya there, but do not agree completely, look at all the members here that, express there emotions everyday, Had a bad day at work, log on to the RE forum and create a poll on the subject, Hey c-mon angry is just a natural emotion, same as happy, and sad. emotions are uncontrollable urges for humans. look how P.O.'d a few members just got a few days ago, however the same emotion was returned by the forum mods and admins. So it would be safe to say angry emotion is tolerated here respectfully, other wise all the members here that post religiously such as myself would be told to go away.

[quote]But its so much fun!

Such a wise guy, You just like the drama of contraversy...;)

It may be fun for you and your friends but it can be extremely hurtful to some people, particularly those who do not have a good command to the English/American language.

We are Refrigeration engineers,, if you don't have thick skin from the abuse of your employer or your bitchy customers, and take little things of simple ball breaking camaraderie, personal or hurtful, May i suggest cross dressing or Drag queen, because you are in the wrong profession.. ;)

abbsnowman
17-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks doc. I feel so much better. Oh and your chair is so comfortable!:)

absolute-zero
17-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks doc. I feel so much better. Oh and your chair is so comfortable!:)

Hey no problem. If you need me to write you a perscrition refill for canadian pilsner, just ask.:D

abbsnowman
18-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Hey no problem. If you need me to write you a perscrition refill for canadian pilsner, just ask.:D
I can't wait to introduce you to some! it may change your life!
Hahahaha:)

daddyfixit
18-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Interesting. I can't imagine this site being extreemly hurtful to someone, unless they have a real problem and no one responds. That would be hurtful, esp if their important problem was deleted from posts before someone could help.
Now my wife posts on a ballet chat, and whew!! They can get real catty there. Esp the moderators. They love to dish it out then pull the rug out before you get to strike back. I hope I don't find that here.
So far..... I love what I've read. And the responce to my first thread was top notch. Yah, just professional, hard working, willing to help, gotta vent sometimes but enjoy my profession - type of guys here. (Probably gals too. Don't wanna hurt any feelings now.)

Gotta love it.....

Wish you the best......

abbsnowman
18-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Interesting. I can't imagine this site being extreemly hurtful to someone, unless they have a real problem and no one responds. That would be hurtful, esp if their important problem was deleted from posts before someone could help.
Now my wife posts on a ballet chat, and whew!! They can get real catty there. Esp the moderators. They love to dish it out then pull the rug out before you get to strike back. I hope I don't find that here.
So far..... I love what I've read. And the responce to my first thread was top notch. Yah, just professional, hard working, willing to help, gotta vent sometimes but enjoy my profession - type of guys here. (Probably gals too. Don't wanna hurt any feelings now.)

Gotta love it.....

Wish you the best......

Hope we can help you out but ya, definatly have to be carefull what you say here. Opinions are restricted to the mods but then again it is their house!
I myself prefer a bit of freedom but respect that I am a guest. Of course you could come to my preferred site...........just kidding, that would get be booted for sure;)
Glad to see ya here, hope I can help!
Abbs

nike123
18-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Hope we can help you out but ya, definatly have to be carefull what you say here. Opinions are restricted to the mods but then again it is their house!
I myself prefer a bit of freedom but respect that I am a guest. Of course you could come to my preferred site...........just kidding, that would get be booted for sure;)
Glad to see ya here, hope I can help!
Abbs

I know place on net where there is no moderation on any subject, but you need to be with good heart because it could be very ugly.
That place is newsgroups. And, I love them.
Try Google groups or see what is interesting on your provider servers:
http://groups.google.com

abbsnowman
18-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I know place on net where there is no moderation on any subject, but you need to be with good heart because it could be very ugly.
That place is newsgroups. And, I love them.
Try Google groups or see what is interesting on your provider servers:
http://groups.google.com
Your gonna set off sirens at RE headquarters advertising another site! You may want to remove that or you may get a visit from a guy with a bent nose. hehehe
I will check it out!
Thanks!

daddyfixit
21-04-2008, 05:48 AM
You may want to remove that or you may get a visit from a guy with a bent nose. hehehe

Does that mean he could smell around corners? :D

Wish you the best...