PDA

View Full Version : Coolzone CZ51172 coil location

Kerby
15-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Afternoon everyone,

I've recently purchased a Coolzone CZ51172 larder fridge to convert to a Kegerator for my homebrew beer. Before I start drilling holes can anyone tell me are there any coolant lines or anything else to watch out for when drilling the sides or top of the fridge? Called Micromark and partmaster but neither could tell me definitively, I know it's just a cheapie fridge but I'd rather not have it as nothing but a giant doorstop with the missus wearing an I told you so face.

Many thanks guys

tonto33
15-04-2008, 03:01 PM
there is no coolant pipes on the sides or top of these only on the back

Kerby
15-04-2008, 10:17 PM
there is no coolant pipes on the sides or top of these only on the back

Awesome, thanks Tonto. Hole-saw bit and frosty beer on standby.

Kerby
24-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Hmm beer on hold,

Is there anyway to check this Tonto - a few other forums I have checked reckon there are coolant lines in the side and top and the sides get pretty warm when the fridge is on. I can't afford to make a mistake so I have to be absolutely sure.

Chunk
24-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi Kerby

Check the back of the fridge,if you have a black radiator type grill on the back,then you wont have pipes running through the walls.

If as you say the sides are getting warm then this would suggest that there are pipes running through the skin of the fridge,so cutting in to it would not be advisable.

Chunk
24-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Or on the inside of the fridge,is there a cooling plate at the back or is it all just plastic(frost free)?

Kerby
24-04-2008, 09:49 PM
The inside back has a raised pattern of coils in the plastic molding that looks the same sort of design as the coils that you see externally on some fridges (only encased in the back inner wall). Having said that I can feel some heat kicking off the outer sides when I put my hand on them......hmmmm. The fridge has no freezer section and is 'Frost Free'.

Chunk
24-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I would say that you cant drill through the back for a definate.You should be able to drill through the top of the fridge but just to be on the safe side i wouldnt drill the sides.

I had a quick look on the web about kegerators,and you can get different hand pumps that mount on the door instead of the top,is that an option?