PDA

View Full Version : remote sensing

langy
14-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Iv'e got a slight problem with a hitachi 7kw h/p cassette. It is a narrow room and it's return air sensor is sensing set temperature before room is fully warm. I want to remote the sensor to the wall at the farest point of the room. Can I extend the sensor cable with a two core cable or do i need a factory made jobby?
Cheers
Dave

superswill
14-04-2008, 10:05 PM
ive always used a two screen cable and never had a prob,iam sure they was a thread on this not so long ago if you do little digging

dogma
15-04-2008, 05:35 AM
As long as you use the same type of thermocouple there shouldn't be a prob. You could use a remote sensor also. More expensive component but it can make for a better system.

Frostycold
15-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi Dave
Presumably the sensor in question is in the return air to the cassette. If so you can extend the cable but you must twist the cables together & use connector block. Dont solder the cables as this can alter the resistance of the sensor. Hope this helps.
regards
Frostycold

Frostycold
15-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Dave
Just a thought maybe you should try some fans in the room as it appears that the conditioned air isnt reaching the ends of the room. Moving the sensor may only alter the problem by making the area near the unit hotter/colder than normal.
Regards
Frostycold

langy
15-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi Dave
Just a thought maybe you should try some fans in the room as it appears that the conditioned air isnt reaching the ends of the room. Moving the sensor may only alter the problem by making the area near the unit hotter/colder than normal.
Regards
Frostycold
Cheers Guy's
There is a door to the car park in the corner of the room and its always draughty, plus everyone stands outside that door for a fag, quite often the door is left open a little. I know a little vestibule would be the answer, but that falls on deaf ear's when Iv'e mentioned it. Luckily it's close to home and I don't
mind having a tinker before I tell them to sort their building out. Moving the return air senser to
different location's, hoping to get the happy medium
might help.
Dave

Thermatech
15-04-2008, 02:03 PM
The manufacturers standard remote sensor option is usually best as the sensor is mounted in a nice little ivory white box which can be wall mounted.

If you extend the cable then measure the ohms resistance & note the exact temperature.
Reconnect the sensor to the new cable & measure the ohms resistance at exactly the same temperature.
The service manual will have a graph which shows what the ohms resistance should be at any given temperature.
You dont want to change the resistance of the sensor very much otherwise the indoor circuit board will get incorrect room temperature data.