PDA

View Full Version : Online test.

BigJon3475
14-04-2008, 03:47 PM
A group of different test. The creator just ask for feedback if you find a mistake (for some reason I don't think that would be a problem) or have a question the email is at the top of the link that should pop up.

Take online Practice Exam (http://www.hvac-pro.org/Exams.htm)

You'll have to have a decent amount of time for some of the test as they are over 100 questions.

Chunk
14-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I`m scared to have a go in case i fail.:o;)

PaulZ
15-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Me to Chunk I might find out how little I know, but I will have a look, I'm curious.
Paul

marc5180
16-04-2008, 11:28 PM
I got to 30 and gave up, need to spend a few hours on it.:rolleyes:

chillyblue
16-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi

Looks good i'll have to give it a go.

CB

chris96
22-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Thats a loooooooooooong test!!!!!!

I gave up after 15 questions with a headache! :eek:

SteinarN
22-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Took the test.

Got this answer:

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

:mad:

Maybe not possible for other than students with ID to submit answers.....

Chunk
22-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Took the test.

Got this answer:

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

:mad:

Maybe not possible for other than students with ID to submit answers.....

How long did it take you?

Or more importantly did you understand it?:D

SteinarN
22-04-2008, 08:29 PM
How long did it take you?

Or more importantly did you understand it?:D

Didn't take the time, 20-30min maybe.

Was a couple question on burners. Got uncertain there. And a few others. And all those imperial units, grrr.

Nice to have a neat conversion program on my PC. ;)

Chunk
22-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah,with you on that one SteinarN

I was banging my head against the wall after question 1.I feel sorry for the people having to take the test in real life.:D

BigJon3475
23-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Sorry about the conversions :o

It's just a practice thing.....it could be used over here to check competency before hiring or to get an idea how much someone knows.

dale7905
23-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Just found the on-line test and thought I'd try it. I'm hoping to take the official exam to get certified in the near future. I've been studying the book " EPA Certification Exam Preparation Manual, 7th Edition for Air conditioning & Refrigeration Technicians" Federal Clean Air Act - Section 608. It's published by the ESCO Institute, Mount Prospect, IL, USA. The book is only about 12 pages so not too big a deal to read several times and cost about $10.

The book claims to " contain all the information air conditioning and refrigeration service personnel will need to become certified as a Universal Technician ".

After taking the online test , which took about 40 minutes, I submitted it and received an immediate return message that I got 70 correct out of the 100. A lot of the material I found in the ESCO book answered many of the questions on the on-line test. I can't say the book answered _every question_ that was asked. But I understand that 70% is a passing grade for each of the 4 sections of the EPA test ( General, Type !, Type 11, Type 111 ) , and I think the book _may _ provide the answers for at least 70% of the questions asked.

I'm not trying to promote sales of this book, but hoping my experience with it will be of benefit to others preparing to get the knowledge to get certified to handle refrigerants.

BTW: I didn't use a ID number to submit. Just my name and email address.

Thanks BIG JOHN 3475 for the link.