PDA

View Full Version : changing r22

aza
14-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anybody started to replace R22 in A/C systems yet??

If so, what with? are you flushing the system? changing the oil? etc

I service a lot of systems with R22, does anyone expect problems ahead with this change over??

Thanks in advance
aza

taz24
14-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anybody started to replace R22 in A/C systems yet??

If so, what with? are you flushing the system? changing the oil? etc

I service a lot of systems with R22, does anyone expect problems ahead with this change over??

Thanks in advance
aza

For the last few years no new R22 has been installed.
That means as R22 equipment comes to a natural end then it is replaced with the newer refrigerants.
So what to do with existing R22 systems?
I would just leave them you can continue to use R22 and when the comp or somthing else big fails then just replace for a new system.

Just my two peneth worth.

Cheers taz

superswill
14-04-2008, 12:09 PM
For the last few years no new R22 has been installed.
That means as R22 equipment comes to a natural end then it is replaced with the newer refrigerants.
So what to do with existing R22 systems?
I would just leave them you can continue to use R22 and when the comp or somthing else big fails then just replace for a new system.

Just my two peneth worth.

Cheers taz

i feel the same,if it ain't broke don't fix it,we are advising all of our customers on the F gas laws and carrying out full site assets and assessments on all new contracts won,working on the bases that after seven years of a manufacture of stopping production of a system,parts will be getting harder and harder to get hold off so we will at our guidance be using drop In's but also replacing the very old stuff as the cost of splits becoming alot more completive

telzen
15-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Paul,

We have a lot of experiance with the R422d. the oil managment is a problem also is the how to use manual not correct.
For further info contact me at ton.vandenelzen@organon.com

superswill
16-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Paul,

We have a lot of experiance with the R422d. the oil managment is a problem also is the how to use manual not correct.
For further info contact me at ton.vandenelzen@organon.com

PM sent,thankx