PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Foot Print

SKOOBY
11-04-2008, 11:00 PM
:DIs this the latest Sales punch line or Supermarket
sales pitch.
The ECOFRIDGE is making in roads to the UK market.
It is a liquid nitrgen total loss system.
A simlar idea possibly less technical was operated in the UK some thirty years ago.
Asda which is owned by Wallmart are trialing seven and if succesfull will change there entire fleet is this the Death nell for Mechanical refrigeration:mad:

absolute-zero
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
:DIs this the latest Sales punch line or Supermarket
sales pitch.
The ECOFRIDGE is making in roads to the UK market.
It is a liquid nitrgen total loss system.
A simlar idea possibly less technical was operated in the UK some thirty years ago.
Asda which is owned by Wallmart are trialing seven and if succesfull will change there entire fleet is this the Death nell for Mechanical refrigeration:mad:

The problem with this technology Skooby, is getting everyone on board with it globally, filling stations readily and easily available. I am not familiar with the liquid nitrogen systems, but have a guess that they may be similiar to the TK cryogenics system. Again they dont get as much marketing support here because filling sations are not readily available everywhere.

abbsnowman
11-04-2008, 11:40 PM
I think I will look into this.;)

NH3LVR
12-04-2008, 02:55 AM
I wonder what the Carbon Footprint of processing and delivering the N2 is?

absolute-zero
12-04-2008, 03:31 AM
Here is the website link to Ecofridge

http://www.ecofridge.info/performance-comparisons.php

I suppose if there using Liquid nitrogen there is no issue with Carbon dioxide, However how much carbon dioxide is being generated to produce N2?

The unit is similiar to what TK Cryo produced a few years ago. It is not popular yet due to lack of refueling stations.

The Ecofridge will also use a propane heat that emits Co2 same as TK Cryo.

I do however like the fact that the N2 injectors can be located through out the cargo area mounted on the ceiling, however I wonder what this may due to top freezing issue if injector gets hit with fork truck or not aimed properly.

A-Z

SKOOBY
13-04-2008, 08:44 PM
On the units previosly there was an issue also of entering the trailer.You had to leave the doors open
for a period of time because of the danger of passing out.I do not know if there overcome this

absolute-zero
13-04-2008, 09:21 PM
On the units previosly there was an issue also of entering the trailer.You had to leave the doors open
for a period of time because of the danger of passing out.I do not know if there overcome this

I suppose that would true, on anything or any unit that caused a displacement of needed breathing oxygen.