PDA

View Full Version : gas evaporater fridge efficiency ?

R de N
24-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Hi All, Novice here,

involved in discussion of relative merits of gas evap system versus compressor system and efficiency of both systems...

Could you please advise me of which system is most efficient in
percentage terms ?

The discussion arose over RV Camper van fridges and whether
gas / 12 volt or mains voltage was more effective.

The fridge in question is a gas / 12 volt Electrolux and the owner wants to convert to full mains voltage for use on fixed site.

Thanks for any advice,

R de N, :confused

London

herefishy
25-07-2003, 02:48 PM
If there is no gas at the fixed site, then using the electric heater is far more effective. :)

Full mains voltage? Do you mean line A/C voltage? If so, see above.

DaBit
25-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Absorption type fridges (most gas-operated fridges) do not even come close to the efficiency levels of vapour-compressor type fridges. They consume 2-3 times the energy for the same amount of work.

R de N
25-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by DaBit
Absorption type fridges (most gas-operated fridges) do not even come close to the efficiency levels of vapour-compressor type fridges. They consume 2-3 times the energy for the same amount of work.

Thank you Gentlemen, that answers my question fine.

R de N

Bones
12-12-2003, 05:56 AM
i had a guy this week send his 3way (12/mains/gas) absorbtion fridge back to us because it didn't work after we freighed it back to him.

he said that he pluged it in and it wasn't cold in 10 minutes and he wasn't sure if that was acceptable or not... so he sent it back $40 one way trip... 4 trips at $40 a way $160, i would have bought a bar fridge straight up after what we charged him to put a new unit in his old fridge plus the 4 trips....