PDA

View Full Version : changing from ***** to ammonia

claude11
08-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Is anybody familiar with the Atlas V-156 flake ice maker and the sabroe compressor ? Right now it's using HP80 and I wanted to convert it to ammonia.
I know I'll have to change the condenser and oil and some control piping
I've been told you would have to replace the rings , seals etc. also
I'd appreciate any input

josef
08-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi claude11,

why do you change

guapo
09-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Better to consult compressor manufacturer. Some components or materials of the compressor may not suitable for ammonia. Must remove all cupper materials to the system.

Regards
Guapo

claude11
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi claude11,

why do you change
If we increase our ***** horse power above limit for 1 engineer

Josip
09-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi, claude11 :)

Is anybody familiar ....... sabroe compressor ? Right now ......... to convert it to ammonia.
I know I'll have to change the condenser and oil and some control piping
I've been told you would have to replace the rings , seals etc. also
I'd appreciate any input

-congratulation, good decision, natural refrigerant:)

- what type of Sabroe compressor?

- not only control piping but controls too if they are for *****s .... generally you can do that ... take care about O-ring rubber type ... resisting to new oil or not, etc ....

Best regards, Josip :)

josef
10-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi, claude11
and production year Ice maker:confused:, otherwise doesńt go nothing determine

kelvin_27_84
07-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi Claude11, Mind sending me your sabroe compressor specification. Let me check with my factory experts on whether it is possible. I have encountered problems switching from R22 to R717 before on a SAB 116L. Lucky it was only problem with the oil, we just simply change the oil and it is ok.

Secondly, let me tell you from experience, in a R22 plant, Oil has to be brought back to the compressor, thus u do not see any oil pots in any pump vessels or even receiver, but in a R717 plant, u need all these to fliter out the oil because the oil will run in the whole system.

Claude, in case u r not sure what to do, send me your P&ID let me check out what needs to be change and not change.