PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman DCE33 icemaker

skidog
08-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi there, I'm a newby here and I'm trying to find out just whats wrong with my home icemaker. Its a Scotsman DCE33 thats about 5 years old now. I keep the intake area clean & vacumed out about once a quarter, but recently its started making less & less ice. Also, the ice it does make, appears to have a lot of air in the cubes. Any suggesstions from anybody as to how I can fix this. Thanks!

skidog
08-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!

philfridge
08-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi sounds like a water problem , possibly needs descaling inside the spray jet assemblies. How old is the machine and when was it last descaled as this is a common problem .

Brian_UK
09-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!I was going to say welcome to the forum but I think you need to recognise that the answers you receive here are from a worldwide membership.

To expect an answer within 3 hours and to show impatience as well does not bode well I'm afraid.:mad:

If you want quick service then I suggest you contact you local refrigeration expert.

benji
09-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi mate i would first check if you have refrigerant in your system then check temperature and pressure depending on the refrigerant it uses then you can see what you dealing with?:)