PDA

View Full Version : Filterless air con

kcosgrove
07-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any info on filterless air con. Been looking around on the web but can't find any technical info. A comparison between filtered and filterless air con would be ideal, however any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Radlam
07-04-2008, 11:12 PM
I didnt even know these existed!
How does the air get filtered without filters? And how am I meant to justify my prices if I have nothing to clean :)

Brian_UK
07-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any info on filterless air con. Been looking around on the web but can't find any technical info. A comparison between filtered and filterless air con would be ideal, however any info at all would be greatly appreciated.Welcome to the forum.

You pose an interesting first question.

What information do you have on the subject as it seems to be a contradiction of terms.

Air Conditioning includes the action of filtering air.

themba
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
is the filter , filtering air or refigerant in the system (as in a dryer)

swaminathan van
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
hi , when i saw your post i remembered one special unit made in germany which is a air wash system where the chilled water is directly sprayed on to the air stream in the reverse direction and the air out was at the top.
but you may still need a filter for inlet air as the water would become dirty and would need filtering.
hope this helps

mattarooni
09-04-2008, 08:32 AM
some sytems are now intoducing uv bombardment for filtering the air