PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP A UK New Member!

UKfridge
04-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in the UK and have a Hoover Nextra refrigerator, HNL 3505 ATL-80.

We had to move it from inside the house to an out building.

Now it isn't cold!

When I open the door for a few minuites the thermostat clicks and it sounds like a motor starts at the back, but it doesn't get any colder.

Can anyone help??

Thanks,

Tom

paul_h
04-04-2008, 12:34 PM
The clicking is the compressor overload. You've either knocked something loose or stuffed it up for good up somehow.

Turn the power off, check at the back , maybe the compressor electrical cover has been knocked, loosening the wiring. If so you wouldn't have moved stuff too much, removed the cover, check if everything is fully plugged in (the relay and overload push onto the the compressor pin terminals)
Then resecure the terminal cover and clip, wait at least 15min before plugging back in..

If the cover is secure and tight, leave it off for an hour then plug it in again.

If it still does that clicking sound, you'll need to get someone out. Possibly the relay or overload had died, possibly the compressor took a few bangs in the move and is now dead.

taz24
04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in the UK and have a Hoover Nextra refrigerator, HNL 3505 ATL-80.

We had to move it from inside the house to an out building.

Now it isn't cold!

When I open the door for a few minuites the thermostat clicks and it sounds like a motor starts at the back, but it doesn't get any colder.

Can anyone help??

Thanks,

Tom

What is the temp of the outhouse.
If it is below 4 or 5deg C it will not cut back in because the stat thinks its cold enough.

taz

philfridge
04-04-2008, 06:50 PM
souns like you have damaged it in the move , either compressor down or you have broken a pipe and the gas has leaked .

bernard
04-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi

Stick a thermometer in there first,as said it may be at temp.

Regards B

UKfridge
07-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the replys!

It only clicks once (stat kicking in), and then the motor starts. Not a continuous clicking!

We were very carefull in the move, and nothing was damaged, as it was only moved about 20ft!

The temp outside can be 25 deg c and it still isnt cold!

I will put a thermometer in there tonight and let you know what the temp is!!

Thanks again!

taz24
07-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the replys!

It only clicks once (stat kicking in), and then the motor starts. Not a continuous clicking!

We were very carefull in the move, and nothing was damaged, as it was only moved about 20ft!

The temp outside can be 25 deg c and it still isnt cold!

I will put a thermometer in there tonight and let you know what the temp is!!

Thanks again!

Run it with a thermomiter in it and see what happens.
When the stat cuts in does the thing get cold?
If it does and then goes on to fail I would look to the stat (pure coinsidence that it failed at the same time).
If it does not get cold then the problem will need looking at by sombody who has an understanding of fridges.

Cheers taz.

Yusuf Ismail
15-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi
put your hand on top of compressor if its hot then throw your fridge in a bin......or check pipe and charging valve if you gas pressure was low, charge gas and check......90/10 %

chemi-cool
15-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Stick a thermometer in there

put your hand on top

does the thing get cold?

you have broken a pipe

it doesn't get any colder

Guys, sounds like a gynecologist waiting room to me....:D

nike123
15-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Stick a thermometer in there
put your hand on top

does the thing get cold?

you have broken a pipe
it doesn't get any colderGuys, sounds like a gynecologist waiting room to me....:D

Are you been there and waiting something? You maybe should consider to go to visit urologist in future!
:D