PDA

View Full Version : Warranty issues - compromised parts

The Boy
03-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Would any one out there accept a condensor delivered unsealed in a wooden crate, my supplier says that it will not cause me any problems. it is a replacement part for a daikin 20kW system, I feel it should have been sealed and is compromised.

what do you recon guys?

WVDM
03-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Well If The Unit Is Not Sealed Then Who Knows What Has Contaminated The Pipes Inside
I Dont Know Thats Probably Why We Buy New Things

The Viking
03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Strange, we replaced quite a few Daikin coils and they all had caps on the ends.....

Will the site take another couple of days waiting before their unit is up and running?

If you decide to use this coil, get your supplier to confirm in writing that they will take the hit if there is any contaminants issues.

stuartwking
03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi the boy.,, I also have changed a lot of daikin condenser coils, I remember they once had to remove a coil from a unit in the factory and sent it up to us.Upon its arrival i also found no caps on the coil,.I recommended not fitting it to my boss,. He then called the factory it came from and they said it would be fine to fit so i gave it a blow through ( with o f n ) and a vac and the system was fine,. I agree its not ideal but it worked out ok for me,.