PDA

View Full Version : Ductless Samsung evaporator fan motor replacement

racktech2008
03-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Hi fellows.
I mostly do work with supermarket refrigeration systems, but sometimes I´m required to perform repair of a/c units. This is why I´m not very efficient at this kind of jobs. Please help me out.
There is this Samsung ductless evaporator (with two settings for blower speed ) which I believe is having problems with its evaporator fan motor speed: it seems to rotate too slowly, and it gets very hot too. I´ve noticed that this motor has just one wiring plug: for the high voltage power input (220V ac) and capacitor connections. I already change the capacitor without any positive results. The only replacement fan available has the high voltage power plug but additionally it also has a smaller plug, I guess for some kind of signal from the control board (the supplier indicates that this motor is intended to be used in evaporators with a "turbo" fan setting). Would this motor work with the smaller plug disconnected? Thank you.

nike123
03-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes, it will work. That plug is for sensor of motor speed and if original motor did not have one, this motor with sensor will work. Check your voltage! Also, after replacement, check air quantity.

racktech2008
04-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Thank you very much NIKE for your advice. I see that you are also active in the air conditioning sector. I´ve received many of your useful tips in the supermarket refrigeration forum.

brianubaldo
05-05-2008, 08:21 AM
hi rackteck2008

and it gets very hot too. I´ve noticed that this motor has just one wiring plug: for the high voltage power input (220V ac) and capacitor connections.

did you check the fan speed?
do you have the codes on how to change speed of evaporator fan? if not yet plz post your address and i send you service manuals on fan settings options.