PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss ADAPKOOL AKC255 TCP protocol

interop
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I need help with Danfoss TCP protocol. We are trying to read setpoints from AKC255 system remotely - the site has AK2-SC 255 system controller. And I can't find the specs for the protocol Danfoss uses over TCP/IP. How to use a coded sequence of questions/answers to gather data - not thru AK56 screen.
Or at least the name of it.

nh3wizard
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I cant answer your question, but welcome to the forum.

Josip
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi, interop :)

welcome to RE forums....

I need help with Danfoss TCP protocol. We are trying to read setpoints from AKC255 system remotely - the site has AK2-SC 255 system controller. And I can't find the specs for the protocol Danfoss uses over TCP/IP. How to use a coded sequence of questions/answers to gather data - not thru AK56 screen.
Or at least the name of it.

... the best way is to ask Danfoss for manuals... I have something about, see attachment....;) about 3MB,

....if you want it send me a PM with your email address where to send it.... or I can download your V card and send to that address...

Best regards, Josip :)

interop
04-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Thank you guys for welcoming me!! :) And for advices. ;)

Josip - I will send you my e-mail address - thanks a lot!!

Keef_Controls
04-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I think the controller your talking about uses SNMP which is easy to read if you know the MIB structure. They dont use fixed IP addressing either, you must have a DHCP server.

BUSHY
06-04-2008, 03:39 AM
is there a modem on site and if not there is no way to communicate with system remotely unless you mean to communicate within store area where you will need a cat 5 crossover cable or a router set up in plantroom.

interop
07-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I think the controller your talking about uses SNMP which is easy to read if you know the MIB structure.

I looked at Danfoss web site but didn't find MIB files - do you have an example of it?

interop
07-04-2008, 07:45 PM
is there a modem on site and if not there is no way to communicate with system remotely unless you mean to communicate within store area where you will need a cat 5 crossover cable or a router set up in plantroom.

We are planning to use VPN to communicate from withing store area

750 Valve
08-04-2008, 08:26 AM
then why don't you just fork out for the danfoss front end program, aka65.

interop
08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
then why don't you just fork out for the danfoss front end program, aka65.

I looked at AK - didn't find any MIBs? Maybe there is some DANFOSS tool which generates these MIBs.?

Keef_Controls
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Danfoss dont seem to give away the MIB files anymore - i'm not an expert but i think you have to figure it out by trial and error by using a SNMP diagnostic tool ??? I also think there could be some complication when it comes to changing parameters via SNMP.. but i know we figured it out in the end.

750 Valve
09-04-2008, 09:19 AM
But why do you not just use the program danfoss designed to remotely communicate with their programs (aka65)? Is it a price thing? Are you trying to incorporate it into some BMS setup? I don't understand why you just don't use the danfoss software, it allows a tcp/ip connection to the 255

interop
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Danfoss dont seem to give away the MIB files anymore - i'm not an expert but i think you have to figure it out by trial and error by using a SNMP diagnostic tool ??? I also think there could be some complication when it comes to changing parameters via SNMP.. but i know we figured it out in the end.

I see. We actually only want to read data - not to write or change anything. But you gave me hope!!!

interop
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
But why do you not just use the program danfoss designed to remotely communicate with their programs (aka65)? Is it a price thing? Are you trying to incorporate it into some BMS setup? I don't understand why you just don't use the danfoss software, it allows a tcp/ip connection to the 255

The reason we don't use it as the customers don't necessary have it. All we need is a simple application which will read the data we need - not the whole suite of tools as AK65 is. Plus to reduce the traffic by optimizing our request.

Josip
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi, Interop :)

I see. We actually only want to read data - not to write or change anything. But you gave me hope!!!

... still problems ..... please check this link....;)

http://www.danfoss.com/Pacific/Products/Categories/Categories.htm?segment=RA&category=http%3a%2f%2fau.refrignet.danfoss.com%2fra%2fProducts%2fProductCatalogue.asp%3fNavigation%3 dHideOnAllPages%26Footer%3dHideonallpages%26Division%3dRC%26HL%3d1%26TopViewItem%3d80%26AppID%3d%7be 74c1bc6-76c3-4a6d-a406-8d14f3073fad%7d%26dyn_lang%3den

in box Search catalogue type "AK2-SC 255" and check all available documentation...;) about 50000+ KB for download...

Brochure:
- Introducing the new AK-SC255 System Controller (1840 KB)

Technical documentation:
- AK2-SC 255 supplement Manual E Version (26561 KB)

Instruction/ User guide:
- AK-SC255 On-Site Installation Guide (3632 KB)

Product information:
- Clocks not maintaining time in AK2-SM 255 controllers (111 KB)
- KVS Valves with CPC Systems - Refrigeration Note (385 KB)
- Refrigeration Note - Connecting 5V d.c. to AK-SC255 DIN style controllers (106 KB)

Product manual/ Service manual:
- AK2-SC 255 Supplement Manual R version (17483 KB)

.... hope to be of some help...

Best regards, Josip :)

interop
09-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks Josip,
I already got bunch of them except of Product Information - will get them now.

Putnam
30-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Hello interop,
Would like to know the same thing you are asking for Danfoss for -

- Emerson E2 Einsteins

- Carel Controllers

- Computrols

- RDM

TCP/IP? What protocol?
SNMP?
XML? (what format?)
DB queries like SQL?
OPC?

750 Valve
31-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Is it just me or is all the info requested going to be a little guarded by the manufacturers? I mean they develop software for communicating to the above controllers and would be a waste of R&D money to go and give all the info out.

If you really want them, buy 1 of each software for each control system and reverse engineer them (I bet there is something in the end user lisence agreements that forbids this though), other than that its a bit like taking food off someone's plate. Try calling these companies up and asking for the info...

ZOOMMAN
20-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Say the detail about E2 data getting.For me ,it's complicated to get the data from E2.