PDA

View Full Version : mitsu compresssor problem

philjd26
31-03-2008, 06:27 PM
hi,

had a leak on a 7kw 407c mr slim...which i fixed!
and charged the correct amount....left unit running for an while, in the mean time i get an error uh which means unusual current...

went to condenser and reset error, monitored and noticed the contactor coming on for 1 sec and off again...checked the usual stuff voltage, contactor,all board connections which all checked ok....however compressor windings all show infinity on each phase which most likely means inner thermo all open i think?? anyone come across this before and what do you think the symtoms are...also when connecting gauges and pressure testing i did seem to have a lot of oil in pipework which i lost, do you think there is a lack of oil here?? any advice alwys appreciated.

rgrds phil

nike123
31-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Could be damaged compressor bearings from overheating because of loss of refrigerant, if that unit doesn't have low pressure switch. When cooled down, check your current. What is compressor make and model?

philjd26
31-03-2008, 06:53 PM
nike,

off head i think its a puh-5yka or something like that,i dont think it has an lp, trips on discharge temp...think you maybe right as i had a simular one on same site go due to the same thing...bad design i would say..

rgrds phil