PDA

View Full Version : Wirlpool FF Issue - fridge warm, freezer cool

kinetic100
31-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi guys,

we've got a problem with the Wirlpool FF (85017471558 ) at my pad. This is a " total non-frost unit !!" and air from teh freezer comp is cirulated into teh fridge comp. In essence the problems are:

* the freezer compartment freezes up after a few days.
* the pump and circulation fan are on constantly
* I've defrosted, checked the thermostat and the thermisters and they seem ok

I've notice that when the freezer comp and fridge compartment doors are open, air circulates perfectly. Close the freezer door and the cirulation stops. Close both and nothing cirulates. This is a really stupid question, but could this be due to the door seals or do we need to regas the unit.

Look forward to hearinhg from you guys.

Cheers

Keith

gramcor
31-03-2008, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=kinetic100;99670]Hi guys,

we've got a problem with the Wirlpool FF (85017471558 ) at my pad. This is a " total non-frost unit !!" and air from teh freezer comp is cirulated into teh fridge comp. In essence the problems are:

Hi , kinetik
I send to you electrical diagram and NTC temperature chart. If NTC resistence value "migrate " with few ohms , - 22 deg.C is , for electronic module , -2 deg , for example and all is wrong inside.
Best regards
Gramcor

Electrocoolman
31-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Keith, welcome...we hope we can help you, but I think we will need a bit more info from you...

we've got a problem with the Wirlpool FF (85017471558 )

Is it a ARC7472/IX (850174715058)?....I cannot find an exact match to your model

What are the temperatures of the Freezer and Fridge compartments.?

You say the freezer compartment freezes up....do you mean the evaporator at the rear?

It sounds as though you have a defrost problem....or possibly a door seal is not sealing or the door is not closing properly.

Have you checked the defrost heater and circuit? There should be an overtemp cutout in circuit.

I would expect the internal fan to run except when on defrost. The compressor might run 18hrs....is this unit freestanding or built in?....can it get rid of the heat? Both will result in the unit running longer.

How did you defrost and for how long?...A lot of problems associated with ice build up in the air ducts to the fridge require 48hrs to fully defrost.

I've notice that when the freezer comp and fridge compartment doors are open, air circulates perfectly. Close the freezer door and the cirulation stops.

Return air duct blocked?

Close both and nothing circulates.

?????

kinetic100
01-04-2008, 10:54 AM
[quote=kinetic100;99670]Hi guys,

Hi , kinetik
I send to you electrical diagram and NTC temperature chart. If NTC resistence value "migrate " with few ohms , - 22 deg.C is , for electronic module , -2 deg , for example and all is wrong inside.
Best regards
Gramcor

Hi Gamcor,

many thanks for taking the time to send the details and chart. I'll run through the details and other suggestions shortly.

Cheers,

Keith

kinetic100
01-04-2008, 11:09 AM
[quote=Electrocoolman;99690]Keith, welcome...we hope we can help you, but I think we will need a bit more info from you...

Hi Electrocoolman,

thanks for your reply just tio answer your questions so far:

Is it a ARC7472/IX (850174715058)?....I cannot find an exact match to your model

>Yes it is an ARC7472/IX

What are the temperatures of the Freezer and Fridge compartments.?
> 15 Degree C in Fridge and -18 in Freezer, with Ice build up at the front next some of the seals.

You say the freezer compartment freezes up....do you mean the evaporator at the rear?
> In a sense yes, the whole side and and top have a thick layer of ice from teh air circulating. I also end up taking all the panel out and defrosting the evapouration equipment. I think also ice builds up behind the panel where the fan is and pushes this out, so the fan is not aligned to the tube tup to the fride comp.

It sounds as though you have a defrost problem....or possibly a door seal is not sealing or the door is not closing properly.
> I though it is this because I ran little experiement. I put a small tube on one of the seals when closing the freezer comp. 20 mins later the fridge compartment had dropped 8 degrees C. Which lead on to the answer to your next question.

Have you checked the defrost heater and circuit? There should be an overtemp cutout in circuit.
> I think this isn't working correctly as nothing has shut off correctly. I left the said experiment running for 3 hours and the fridge comp reached 3 degrees C and freezer -20 degrees C

I would expect the internal fan to run except when on defrost. The compressor might run 18hrs....is this unit freestanding or built in?....can it get rid of the heat? Both will result in the unit running longer.
>At no point does it appear to have shut off. I'm goign to have a look at the drain in the freezer comp this morning.

How did you defrost and for how long?...A lot of problems associated with ice build up in the air ducts to the fridge require 48hrs to fully defrost.
> I have to admit, with a full fridge and freezer, we only defrosted for 6 hours (with help of the neighbours !)

Return air duct blocked?
>No, it didn't appear so. I took the internal facia for controls in the fridge out of situ and with a tube at the bottom to catch fluid, poured hot water down. At no point did it appear that it was blocked as the water appear to flow the same each time.

Best regards,

Keith

kinetic100
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Just to follow up exploratory work. I have now done the " boiling water down the drainage tube treatment" which seems to be a common approach when there are cooling sensor issues ( it seems to have saved some people teh cost of a new unit anyway). Just to report, the fridge definately for 2 hours stopped cooling when it reached the appropriate temperature.

N.B cannot do a full defrost as missus and my daughter are ill.....

Electrocoolman
02-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Hopefully not food poisoning ? !!