PDA

View Full Version : Fedders split

paul_h
28-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Maybe someone from the US can help me, I doubt they sell many fedders in europe :)
I've got the age old problem of a fedders splits system cracking the condenser fan. I used to work for the australian warranty agent, so I know it's a common problem and I know there's no parts available in australia anymore. Emails to singapore and US have been unanswered.
The unit is a 1FC424N6B, it has a 410mm dia fan, acw, boss mount front nut, 15mm shaft.
Anyone know where to get a replacement internationaly, or what suitable fan could go on?
The problem I've found is that because only the very end of the motor shaft is keyed, a standard metal fan wouldn't work as there's nothing at the back of this motor shaft for the fans hub to bolt into.

Ie. the PM3-406N20 R 09AA is the closest I've found, but I need it to be a PM3-406N20 L 09AA so the locking screw for the fan is at the front but no one I've tried stocks that version.
All that being said, does anyone know a cheap plastic fan that will fit?
Cheap the name of the game here, as they are an old crap unit, no point re - keying the motor shaft or bolting on a zeihl is there?

paul_h
01-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Anyone?
I'd love to tell them to throw the unit out, but as the o/u is up on a wall I couldn't fit a replacement split myself.

freigo
01-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Hi Paul

Am in Perth myself too. Try this mob crowngroup. I think they are the dealers in Melb.
Tel(03) 9377 7700
Ask for Joe or Darly

Hope it helps

paul_h
02-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi Paul

Am in Perth myself too. Try this mob crowngroup. I think they are the dealers in Melb.
Tel(03) 9377 7700
Ask for Joe or Darly

Hope it helps
Thanks, I called them up and it looks promising. If only the guy handling fedders would return my calls. :D