PDA

View Full Version : compressor ratings in horse power

themba
28-03-2008, 06:15 AM
what is the relationship between motor power and pump power in a compressors. say how do you know a compressor power when you have motor power in watts. For example you have a compressor with name plate reading 220V 32A LRA. how can you make use of this to know how many horse power is a compressor:mad:

paul_h
28-03-2008, 06:43 AM
watts = voltage x amps
horsepower is K-watts divided by 0.75

Brian_UK
28-03-2008, 05:22 PM
LRA = locked rotor amps which is nothing to do with the motor power or refrigerating effect of the pump.

You need to refer to the compressor manufacturers' data sheet for the compressor model for duty ratings etc.

paul_h
28-03-2008, 05:33 PM
LRA = locked rotor amps which is nothing to do with the motor power or refrigerating effect of the pump.

You need to refer to the compressor manufacturers' data sheet for the compressor model for duty ratings etc.You're right, for some reason I was thinking of FLA. My mind was wandering because I was trying to sort out the fan for the fedders split unit when I replied.

Brian_UK
28-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Quite understandable Paul, we only have so many brain cells in use at one time.

Well, that's what I'm told by the wife ;)

Samarjit Sen
29-03-2008, 08:00 AM
The compressor rating can be assessed on based on the refrigerant, Evap. Temp. and the Cond. Temp. Based on the rating the electrical load kw could be found from the compressor rating chart.

tedre
30-03-2008, 12:07 AM
what is the relationship between motor power and pump power in a compressors. say how do you know a compressor power when you have motor power in watts. For example you have a compressor with name plate reading 220V 32A LRA. how can you make use of this to know how many horse power is a compressor:mad:

Compressor dose not have a any hose power. Motor dose.
You can connect on same compressor at one condition 50 hp and other 100 hp. All depend on evap temp condensing temp etc... If really you want know how much hose power using on the motor you need hook up meters.

tedre