PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Split Compressor

Jamie
17-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can get a compressor for a 8000btu mobile split Air conditioning unit?

Karl Hofmann
17-07-2003, 09:04 PM
I would have thought that any good wholesaler would have been able to help, RPW, D&W, Hawco etc..

The question is would it be cheaper to throw the unit in the bin and go to B&Q or Wickes for another one that will last about 18 months or so than to go to the time and effort to repair it?

Im sorry folks but these hideous little machines really make me spit my dummy when someone calls me to repair one that has been bought to cool a south facing 4mx6m conservatory with the complaint "It doesn't seem to cool the room very well"

Remenber guys, its not hot......its an opportunity!

Jamie
17-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Yes your right it would be cheaper.I like to give em an option so if they do decide to have it repaired the money goes in my pocket and not B&Q's.And if they dont then i fix it and flog it!

Karl Hofmann
18-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Or the third option, a very tidy little wall mounted heat pump unit, out of the way, very quiet and usefull Summer and Winter.....Installed and serviced by you and a three year warranty to boot!