PDA

View Full Version : Cold room panels

LLCooLJ
27-03-2008, 11:26 PM
I am building small room and need insulation help. What is the best material for panels? I heart Polyurethane cold room panels are good but what othe roptions do i have?

where do i buy cold room panels around Washington Dc area?

Philip
28-03-2008, 03:28 AM
yop,Polyurethane has the r value for insulation compared to polystyrene and other insulation materials.in choosing insulation panels you have to consider the required temp.of your coldroom and the density of the P.U.insulation you are going to use.i am from Philippines and im sorry all the panel supplier i have are all local here..hope these may help..

Samarjit Sen
04-04-2008, 06:09 AM
For Cold Room, using puf insulated panel is a much better proposition. We are doing such projects for large and small, and are using only puf insulated panels. The thickness shall depend on the Room Temperature and the Ambient Temperature.If you can intimate these then the thickness could be suggested.

In USA you have very reliable and good panel manufacturing firms. Either youmay google and find out or contact a local refrigeration firm.

smpsmp45
04-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Bally is one of the leading companies in USA

gwapa
07-04-2008, 01:56 AM
LLCOOLJ
The poliurethane has a K factor aprox half the Poliestirene. So the thinknes of a panel of PU is half the thinknes of a panel of Poliestirene for the same internal temperature and conditions and using the same metal sheet cover.
For positive temperature you could use both tipe of panels. For negative temperature a prefer use PU panels due to the fact the seal between panels
Regards
Gwapa

abet_meneses
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
polyurethane panel last long in comparison with other insulation material.bally,kolpak,are some of the supplier in your area.

nh3wizard
07-04-2008, 04:18 PM
You might want to contact IRS (Industrial Refrigeration Service's) they are located in Baltimore, they are a refrigeration design and installation company.