PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure

jumanje13
27-03-2008, 09:20 PM
hi all RE pro
some kind of proplem
i had a compresor bitzer s6j 16.2 working in aroom after one week of use we found oil pressure is open the system we reset it but it stopped again.
we remove the compressor and found refrigerant floodback
notice: lp and hp was in its range while working
the question is if flood back is the propaply cause or there are another hidden cause
thanks for RE to that great forum

dear.mr.davidov
27-03-2008, 10:16 PM
hi
did you check crankcase heater out. Sometimes if it dont work you have get floodback and when compressor start refrigerant bring out all oil.

jumanje13
27-03-2008, 10:21 PM
hi deavidov
the heater is good at all and i dont expect that can cause oil pressure failure
lets find another cause
best regards

nike123
27-03-2008, 10:41 PM
we remove the compressor and found refrigerant floodback

How did you establish that?

jumanje13
27-03-2008, 10:53 PM
How did you establish that?
hi nike
i made renew in some parts in the cycle the comp didnt change
i think all calculations was almost right
what can make oil pressure failure if the oil level is good
thank you

Iceman Ian
28-03-2008, 09:48 AM
G'day Jumanje

Here in Oz I have had trouble with Bitzer compressors cutting out on the oil falure safety switch mainly due to liquid refrigerant in the compressor sump, the smallest amount seems to affect these compressrs. Other problems I have had with oil pressure have been - worn beariings (usually can hear the compressor making a noise) - Blocked oil strainer tube in sump - Incorrect or old oil - faulty oil pump or oil safety switch. Have you actually checked the operating oil pressure with your service gauges???

Regards
Iceman Ian

Iceman Ian
28-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention the oil heater. This can be the cause of liquid refrigerant settling in the compressor sump if it is not heating the oil during the off cycle, have you checked the heater???

jumanje13
28-03-2008, 10:00 PM
yes iceman
i checked it before its working good at all
thank you i think flood back that causes the oil pressure off and you have certain that idea
thank you ian
best regards

Chunk
28-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Jumanje

Have you checked oil pressure,you may have a faulty oil pump.The most probable cause is a dirty filter but check compressor with your gauges and post back if this doesnt solve problem.:)

markacs
29-03-2008, 05:51 AM
hey bro's

dont be too concerned about the crankcase heater,the machine will have to be off for a long period of time for the sump to cool less than the room for migration to take place.
1.check the superheat!
2.pumpdown cycle reduces liquid on start up!check that it works and i hope that it has been used on that cooler.
3.the above fails check o p switch setting and wiring
that it has been wired through a n.o. contact on the compressor contactor to energise the o p switch heater on compressor start,so that after 90 or 120 or 180 secs if oil pressure has not developed the compressor will switch off.

note:l and m (control)"the norm"
0 and 120/240(timer circuit)
lastly check the oil strainer and oil pump.if the system was clean then the strainer and pump should be fine.

jumanje13
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM
thanks sor your help the system is now working properly and the refrigerant fluid back causes the proplem
thanks at all
best regard