PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Test Procedure

Rosco
27-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi all, this is as you can see my first post. Im not a fully qualified engineer yet im still an apprentice so please go easy on me :).

I have been looking for a correct Pressure Test Procedure and i cannot find one anywhere!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Ross.

Josip
27-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi, Rosco :)

Welcome to RE forums...

Hi all, this is as you can see my first post. Im not a fully qualified engineer yet im still an apprentice so please go easy on me :).

I have been looking for a correct Pressure Test Procedure and i cannot find one anywhere!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Ross.

Please try to search RE forums for "pressure, pressure test, leak test...etc" ... I'm sure you'll find something about because we discussed that many times;)

of course need some time to read so many posts:D

Best regards, Josip :)

Argus
27-03-2008, 12:53 PM

You need to obtain and read the European refrigeration safety standard, EN 378, specifically part 2 that deals with the levels of pressure testing.

If your equipment falls within the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), this standard is the one that you HAVE to use.

stuartwking
27-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Ross and welcome to the best Hvac site around,,..You can learn alot from the boys and girls on here,,.Anyway im sure you college teacher should be going through all that with you.!!

Rosco
27-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I would have tried to get the information from the college lecturer but he likes us to get on with things ourselves instead of asking him all the time! :)

snow
31-03-2008, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I would have tried to get the information from the college lecturer but he likes us to get on with things ourselves instead of asking him all the time! :)

I am not sure how to answer as I am in a different country USA and we have different standards. The best thing I can tell you is to search whatever governing agency gives you your certifications and check their manuals for precise specifications.

Chunk
01-04-2008, 04:12 PM

That`s brilliant,my lecturer used to leave us the remote control for the projector and a bit of paper he wanted us to read,and then he dissappeared for a couple of hours over the pub.

No wonder i cant tell the difference between a fridge and a freezer:D

sawtell
03-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Ross, In the land of OZ we have a set of standards which set out minimum design temperatures for testing refrigeration/airconditioning equipment. Basically with a design ambient of 32 degrees C , max test pressure for the high side with an air cooled condenser is the equivalent pressure for the refrigerant used at55 degrees C and for the high using a water cooled condenser the equivalent pressure for the refrigerant at 43 degrees C. Low pressure side test pressure equivalent to 32 degrees C of the refrigerant being used. Sawtell