PDA

View Full Version : need suggestion

KelvinLoo
27-03-2008, 03:08 AM
anyone can tell me why the freezer room what i done was full with condensation? defrost time is 30min, defrost temp. is 30C and fan start temp. is 5C.but the ceiling panel inside full with condensation and the concrete floor was icing and icicle.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

thanks

need some help

powell
27-03-2008, 03:45 AM
anyone can tell me why the freezer room what i done was full with condensation? defrost time is 30min, defrost temp. is 30C and fan start temp. is 5C.but the ceiling panel inside full with condensation and the concrete floor was icing and icicle.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

thanks

Defrost temp is 30C (86F)? Define what you are referring to here.

Fan start is 5C (41F) Too high

A typical fan delay switch will cut in at -4C (25F) and cut out at 7C (45F).

It aslo could be that the defrost termination is delayed.

I would replace the switch(s); 3 wire defrost termination/fan delay switch or if its a 2 wire fan delay and 2 wire termination switch.

The other obvious thing is to check that the door is not left open and the the box is not leaking air.

smpsmp45
27-03-2008, 05:12 AM
There must be leaks in the insulation. Defrosting is one of te problems, but still you have to check on insulation as well

duarte
03-04-2008, 11:50 PM
try the door seal. If when the door close, there stays a space, the air circulate and the moysture get's inside.

Latte
04-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Defrost termination set way too high.
Should be +12 - +14 tops.
best way to check it to put a probe into the evap next to evap probe, check calibration and they read the same, then put unit on defrost. Watch coil, when ice clears from coil, read temp and set termination to that (Or Just above to be sure). Termination time sounds correct. Having the termination too high causes steam to come off evap as it gets hot, sits on coldroom roof, freezes on cool then melts on defrost over the floor and again ices up on cool.

What type of controller are you using, let us know and we can give you all the correct settings. max defrost time of 30 mins is OK. Fan start about 0, set it too high and it comes on early and effectivly starts to heat up product which should still have a core temp of about -20 even after defrost if the door is kept closed.

Hope this helps

Regards

fatboy

philfridge
04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi your defrost parameters are incorrect causing water droplets to form from hot air on ceiling . set defrost termination temperature to 15c fan start to -7c or 5 min fan delay and defrost time to 25 mins. This should cure it

bernard
04-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi

I take it you have a defrost probe in the coil ? so 30 c is to high,set this at 12 c,set 4 defrost per day at 30 mins with a 2 min drain down and 2 min fan delay or bring fans on at -5c or -10 c.In your controller you should have a choice of the defrost to terminate on time or temp.Which ever one you choose this will take priority.Check after a week and adjust to suit.Make sure the fans are off in defrost.

Regards B