PDA

View Full Version : Freezer flooring for safety

ToxicMegaColon
27-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Hi all,

I work in OH&S and are currenlty doing some work at a local hospital. There walk in freezer is an ice skating rink. Staff have appropriate shoes etc, but there is no safety matting etc. Can anyone please recomend a good product, that will not freeze itself, suitalbe for commercial aplications and so on. Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

thanks
Steve

tufty
27-03-2008, 06:20 PM
hi steve
apart from some kind of heater mat i dont know of anything that would not freeze.is the floor heaters working.?

fowlie
27-03-2008, 09:36 PM
hi steve over her we use checker plating which still freezes but because of the surface you get good grip,only draw back is you have to watch for edges goming up at doors causing trip hazards,hope this helps

ToxicMegaColon
28-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the reply,

the floor of the freezer is not heated. does anyone know of any paints that maybe appropriate, especially with food safety in mind
thanks
Steve

old gas bottle
28-03-2008, 09:28 AM
google it mate,freezer floor matting,theres some on there like we have used,just comes in a roll with a raised dimples,anti slip,works well.:D

The MG Pony
28-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Good old trick is sand mixed in paint, or crushed walnute shell and paint but if frost is forming then you must have a heater installed.

A pricy but worth while method is to use hydronic heat powered off the discharge gas of the compressor. I'll allow others to explain that in detail.