PDA

View Full Version : denmans

coolhibby1875
26-03-2008, 07:16 PM
hi guys how about the news off demans going to the wall, i spoke to my friend who is employed by them and he was telling me that they may not even get payed on friday, i see this hapening with more major players in the industry as supermarkets are demanding that companys more or less fix there plant for free,its time the bigger companys get together roubd a table with the likes off tesco and sainsburys and demand they pay more cash for our services.

Chunk
26-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I think i am cursed.

I go on holiday for a week and find out today i might not have a job to come back to.

Looks like its the job centre for me.lmfao.

All i`ve heard is we should be getting paid this month at least but there is just so many rumours flying about that i dont know what to believe.

Happy days.:D

Brian_UK
26-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear it Chunky

nike123
27-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I think i am cursed.

I go on holiday for a week and find out today i might not have a job to come back to.

Looks like its the job centre for me.lmfao.

All i`ve heard is we should be getting paid this month at least but there is just so many rumours flying about that i dont know what to believe.

Happy days.:D

Might be good opportunity to go on self employment train. Right ages and seems lot of knowledge. You should try, if you have affinity to that way of living, and with your age, you could always come back as employee, if that doesn't work for you.

LRAC
27-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Lets face it guys we all had a bad summer last year in the service sector, April came in with a blaze of glory full sun lovely temperatures and the expectation we were on for a warm summer.

As usual it went just as quick with a return too rain and cooling temperatures, our rule of thumb after years in this trade is "we need 3 days and nights of warm temperatures to give us guys something to do" it never happened.

As with all companies overheads cause nightmares if the cash flow stops being so lucrative and it doesn't take too much time to eat into any profits made from the previous year or the previous month.

We all think were going to be rich and rise too the glory size of Denmans or WR but the reality is were better off staying small, if we have the work we do lots of overtime if not keep doing the standard hours,last year i was doing 4 hrs per day in the bloody summer that was.

Visions of grandure kill most companies when the work stops or slows down or we give our services away for diddly squat and the outcome is good guys loose jobs through no fault of their own just greedy or crap bosses.

I wish you all the best Chunky Monkey if the fall of Denmans is correct.

Take care
Lrac

P.S any suppliers reading this post who know me please note "we are not going too the wall" before the rumours start.

Chunk
27-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys you are all too kind.

I think i`ll give going self employed a miss for two reasons 1: a couple of mates of mine are struggling due to not enough work in the area.and 2: I cant be bothered with all the extra paperwork.

If Denmans do disappear there is still the need for the work to be covered and with a bit of luck the next company to take on the work will leave us to get on with it.
anyway,the bingo calling season is just around the corner or i can go back to being a professional cloud watcher.

I`ll wait for more viscious rumours today.:p

Sub_Zero
27-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Seems it's a "voluntary administration" with several companies interested in taking the business over. The unfortunate news for suppliers is that they can kiss goodbye any monies owed.

coolhibby1875
27-03-2008, 09:33 AM
hi the rumours i here are that wr are waiting in the wings to step in and take over as they are wanting the rest of the sainsburys work the only good thing is that there will always be a jobs for the troops as the work is still there i just wish all the guys there all the best in finding new employment

Kh1971
27-03-2008, 09:43 AM
I wish you all the best.

greggy
27-03-2008, 10:49 AM
FYI...This ONLY affects the Contracting arm i.e Install etc and not FM they are 2 seperate stand alone companies

Hope this helps clarify the situation and quashes any more rumours

Keef_Controls
27-03-2008, 03:09 PM
FYI...This ONLY affects the Contracting arm i.e Install etc and not FM they are 2 seperate stand alone companies

Hope this helps clarify the situation and quashes any more rumours

mmm... thats not what i heard.

Sub_Zero
27-03-2008, 04:46 PM
It may only be the "contracting arm", but it will leave a lot of people out of pocket!!

Chunk
27-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I`ve heard 30 different rumours today ranging from it`s an early april fools joke to,Trembath,Nrc and Prestcold are joining forces to buy us out.:)

All i`m gonna say is if the contracting side goes and Fm is all that is left then Fm is not a moneymaking business so it wont last too long.

I`ve been told that possibly WR and Carters are interested in taking the work on,but if at the moment we cant get spares and gas from D&W and CC we dont stand a chance in getting any work done at present.

This is the second company i have worked for where this has happened,and the last one we managed to swap over easy enough so bring it on.It`s just a different uniform at the end of the day,i just wish they would sort themselves out or someones in for a f@@ked up weekend.:D

fowlie
27-03-2008, 09:31 PM
is it not about time companies stopped going for work when their not going to make money and sometimes buy work which does nobody any favours,and causes engineers with familys and kids to go through hell not knowing if they will have a job next week or will be able to pay the morgage.hope all the engs find jobs as its always the poor sod working his nuts off that ends up worst off through all this.

Fatboy Taz
28-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Heads Up,

It's all about cashflow and the lack off, it is only the Contracting Group for now, if you let all the back stabbing have it's way the FM Group will suffer.

Stop spreading miss information and let Denmans FM Group work on the service contracts it has in place and will remain in place.

Sub_Zero
28-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Heads Up,

It's all about cashflow and the lack off, it is only the Contracting Group for now, if you let all the back stabbing have it's way the FM Group will suffer.

Stop spreading miss information and let Denmans FM Group work on the service contracts it has in place and will remain in place.

Hi Taz, I appreciate yre comments but you're a bit wide of the mark regarding "back-stabbing ". Most of the guys here are genuinely concerned as they have mortgages and familys to feed. Others, like me, have taken quite a hit financially. If we were kept properly informed it wouldn't come to this.

Fatboy Taz
28-03-2008, 07:08 PM
The purpose of my post was not to take away the pain and worry that sub contractors and Denman staff are going through or to belittle there concerns, Denman Group is what it says it is, it is a group of companys one of which has hit a cashflow problem.

My concern is that if the rumours get out of control the other parts of the group will also suffer adding to the problem, we must work on facts and not rumours to save the group of companys and all of us will walk away happy.

I am sorry for the 'Back Stabbing' statement and retract it totally.

;)

RONB
28-03-2008, 07:46 PM
This dose not only cause concern for the lads on the books.What about the sub contractors who are owed money from the Denman contracts division.

Chunk
28-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Its not just the contract guys who are losing out, according to some sources,it sounds like some suppliers are not getting paid either.

I cant believe everyones getting stiched up,and what makes thing worse is that we hear all these things from engineers from other companies.

Dont get me wrong,i`ve worked for Denmans for 5 years now,and it`s been good,but i feel aggrieved that i`ve not been told anything from people within the company itself.

So if any of you know what the headlines are for next week,dont be afraid to let me know.:p

Dunno_mate
28-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry Guys:(

Running close to the wind and the captain left a while ago it don't look good to me. :confused:

The super markets will go else where and then the meat eaters will drop in.:mad:

So I duuno mate wots next.

C_U:D

bernard
28-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Sorry Guys:(

Running close to the wind and the captain left a while ago it don't look good to me. :confused:

The super markets will go else where and then the meat eaters will drop in.:mad:

So I duuno mate wots next.

C_U:D

I wonder who you are and who you work for,or who works for you lol

eggs
28-03-2008, 11:38 PM
£37,000,000 turnover and onky £600k profit!!!!!!!!

Foooookin ell if i were a dragon, i'd be out as well.

Now that is sailing close to the wind. The backers would have been better with Northern Rock. I bet the shareholders are not handing their dividends back either.

eggs

Brian_UK
28-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Remember though, the more profit you make then the more tax you pay.

eggs
29-03-2008, 12:00 AM
:eek:have you seen the previous years figures?:eek:

Jumping Jesus, Mary mother of God, christ on a bike:eek::eek:

eggs

Brian_UK
29-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Nope, haven't seen any figures apart from yours.

I take it that my comment hit a brick wall then ??

I'll get me coat..

eggs
29-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Brian, the previous year was £27,000,000 turnover, with £12K yes twelve thousand profit.

That in my opinion is more than minimising tax liability.

Eggs