PDA

View Full Version : Supply el ,

SUBCONTRACTOR
26-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Guys,I want to double check before i lay it down.The outdoor unit is RXYQ14PA .. What size should be the supply cable ? Starting current 84 amps and Daikin said 32 amp circuit breaker .Trouble is that Daikin do not give advice on what type or size of cable should be adequate for the outdoor unit.

Am i right, that 4 core 4mm armoured cable will do the job ?

chemi-cool
26-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi,
Starting currant is erelevant,
To be on the safe side, [I do not know the type of cables you use] 5 X 10mm cable will do job and will not get hot even in the summer.
A 3 X 40 amps braker should be fitted before the cable.

Chemi

Refrigerologist
26-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Guys,I want to double check before i lay it down.The outdoor unit is RXYQ14PA .. What size should be the supply cable ? Starting current 84 amps and Daikin said 32 amp circuit breaker .Trouble is that Daikin do not give advice on what type or size of cable should be adequate for the outdoor unit.

Am i right, that 4 core 4mm armoured cable will do the job ?

It really depends on the length of run and if the cable is going to be clipped driectly to the wall, mounted in free air, ie: on a cable tray or is the cable going to be buried or run with a bunch of other cables.

You cannot just pick a 4.omm 4 core and say it will be correct. More info is needed. If you don't know how to work it out, why not get someone who does, like a qualified electrician. Someone who is up on the 17th edition regs would be useful.

SUBCONTRACTOR
27-03-2008, 07:31 AM
It really depends on the length of run and if the cable is going to be clipped driectly to the wall, mounted in free air, ie: on a cable tray or is the cable going to be buried or run with a bunch of other cables.

You cannot just pick a 4.omm 4 core and say it will be correct. More info is needed. If you don't know how to work it out, why not get someone who does, like a qualified electrician. Someone who is up on the 17th edition regs would be useful.

That is why i post it in order to get an answer .The cable will be on a tray and the run is 50 m.What i don't understand is why my electrician keep on asking me the size of the cable as this is his job if i give him the specifications
Power input (cooling) 12.4
Power input (heating 11.3
Max running current is around 22 amps
Circuit breaker is 3 phase 32 amps
Starting current ( As Daikin says ) 84 amps
Outdoor unit is 40 kw 3 phase machine with 3 compressors.:D

nike123
27-03-2008, 09:05 AM
That is why i post it in order to get an answer .The cable will be on a tray and the run is 50 m.What i don't understand is why my electrician keep on asking me the size of the cable as this is his job if i give him the specifications
Power input (cooling) 12.4
Power input (heating 11.3
Max running current is around 22 amps
Circuit breaker is 3 phase 32 amps
Starting current ( As Daikin says ) 84 amps
Outdoor unit is 40 kw 3 phase machine with 3 compressors.:D

4mm2 is OK for acceptable voltage drop of 10% at start up and voltage drop less than 5% at running.
If Daikin literature said that voltage drop should be 5% at start up, than you should use 10mm2

SUBCONTRACTOR
27-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Received a proper answer over the mobile and it is 6mm 4 core armoured cable .

Now we shall hand it over to the electrician to do his job.

Cheers

malcoa
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
6mm is correct, try this site for future ref

.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/4.3.11.htm (http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/4.3.11.htm)
:)

TRASH101
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I would suggest 4 mm2 xlpe armoured assuming you have 415 @ the board then this will not exceed the 16.6v max permissable volt drop. This assumes your not connecting into a sub board or the calculation gets a bit hairy:eek: