PDA

View Full Version : Pajero airconditioning

Lee G
13-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Can anyone tell me where the hook up points are on a mitsubishi pajero?
My own car has a problem and Im stufed if I can find where to fill it to start leak testing.

Thanks for any help.

Lee G

Karl Hofmann
13-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Assuming that its a Diesel. Suction line service port should be tucked away under a load of pipes and wires on a R134a system (Mounted on the compressor if its an R12 system)on the pipe that runs from the bulkhead to the compressor. Liquid line service port is on the alloy pipe that runs from the compressor to the reciever/ drier hidden low down (Sod to get at) near the radiator(on the engine side)for R134a systems. I think that the port is on the compressor on R12 systems. Pipes are known to corrode where they are clipped to the inner wing with steel clips. Have fun!

Lee G
13-07-2003, 09:45 PM
I forgot to say its a 2.5tdi 1986
Are the conectors standard sized?
Not knowing too much about car aircon, can you get away with fiting a line tap valve or is that a total no go?

Thanks Lee

Karl Hofmann
13-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Should be standard refrigerant fittings on an R12 system. Best place for line taps is in the bin!!!!!

If it has rear air con check those ally pipes that run to the back they can be a real pig for leaks, if they are corroded then rip them out and replace with Goodyear Burgaflex or the like. What are you going to charge it with? R134a wont carry the mineral oil and will quickly screw up your compressor.