PDA

View Full Version : Controller Repairs

pcbfix
24-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Hello, Does anyone bother to get controllers repaired these days or do you all just install new ones. Reason I'm asking is I was thinking of expanding the list of controllers I repair but was wondering if it was worthwhile. If anyone would like to name any controllers they would like to see on a repair list then fire them in.

Any replies would be welcome.

Cheers

Chunk
24-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Pcbfix.

It all depends on what type of controllers they are,most of the companies that supply them take them back and repair them themselves.

As for eliwel,carel and lae we normally throw them away as replacements are quite cheap.

What type of controllers are you thinking about?

pcbfix
25-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Hi Pcbfix.

It all depends on what type of controllers they are,most of the companies that supply them take them back and repair them themselves.

As for eliwel,carel and lae we normally throw them away as replacements are quite cheap.

What type of controllers are you thinking about?

Hi,

Well I fix the following just now;

Elm/Honeywell Tuscan 4 and 5 all software type
Elm/Honeywell Setup Units
Elm/Honeywell Miniplant 100 and 200
CDK MC10-C and MC10-TEV
Microm 635, 636, 1289 etc

I'm wanting to expaned the list and I'm looking for pointers on popular controllers to add. I agree that some of the smaller eliwel etc controllers are not worth repairing because of the smaller costs involved in buying new ones. Compared with the costs involved in buying a new Tuscan.

Cheers

pcbfix

750 Valve
25-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Microm RCU12 and RCC20 - they are getting pretty hard to get over here, CPC RMCC is also not sold anymore which means upgrading to E2 and thats a bit of a pain due to alarm reporting between the E2 and RMCC, so RMCC repairs would be good as well as case controls for RMCC (liquid pulse) aren't available easily through the manufacturer anymore (Emerson CPC)

pcbfix
25-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Microm RCU12 and RCC20 - they are getting pretty hard to get over here, CPC RMCC is also not sold anymore which means upgrading to E2 and thats a bit of a pain due to alarm reporting between the E2 and RMCC, so RMCC repairs would be good as well as case controls for RMCC (liquid pulse) aren't available easily through the manufacturer anymore (Emerson CPC)

Hello 750 Value,

We have a test solution for a Guardian RCC-12X and are still working on a solution for a RCC-12L, but have not as yet looked at RCU12 or RCC20. As for the CPC stuff I have never looked at any CPC controllers before. I will add all the above to my to do list.

Cheers

pcbfix

Chunk
26-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi Pcbfix

It`s good to know there is still people out there fixing the elm controllers.
I have been working with a lot of old tuscan 5`s but have been told no-one was repairing them,so we have been fitting these new RDM replacements.

I will pass the message on.

Mark
28-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Pcbfix

I have been working with a lot of old tuscan 5`s but have been told no-one was repairing them,so we have been fitting these new RDM replacements.

http://www.elmspares.co.uk/

hi munkey. Have a look.These guys have been repairing / supplying elm spares for a while.Allways found them to give a good service.

With kind regards
Mark

pcbfix
28-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi Pcbfix

Hi Chunky Munkey,

I have worked in electronic test engineering for over 18 years and know the elm controllers inside out. I added the other controllers CDK etc because there was a demand for them from my customers. But as always just wanting to expand.

I can see from another thread you may have your own problems to deal with and wish you all the best with a suitable outcome for yourself.

Cheers

PS and when the dust settles if you remember us for repairs even better. Just had to add that :D .